Devlin Isadore Suspended for 9 Games

AustinFromUNT

22 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Any clue what it’s for? Maybe academics?

That's the rest of the season including the bowl game (if we get to one)... 

From the tweet is sounds, it sounds like grades with him needing to focus on certain things.. It doesn't sound like he is off the team 

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

9 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

That's the rest of the season including the bowl game (if we get to one)... 

From the tweet is sounds, it sounds like grades with him needing to focus on certain things.. It doesn't sound like he is off the team 

No its not the rest of the season... you forgot the conference championship game ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Y'all.   Why are you concerned with this guy?    The only way he was going to see the field was if both Fine & Shanbour went down to injury.

Stranger things have happened.

It's really too bad because (FWIW) my assessment of him, based on what I observed in spring practice and fall practice, is that he is a solid third option. AND, if/when he gets his head fully wrapped around the system, he is going to make the spring competition even more interesting than this last spring.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Y'all.   Why are you concerned with this guy?    The only way he was going to see the field was if both Fine & Shanbour went down to injury.

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

Stranger things have happened.

Yeah . . . some of us remember the 2009 and 2010 seasons, where we got down to at least our 4th string QB.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure what the DWI has to do with anything, if that was Jan. 29th.  Unless he's done something else to get his final strike, and out.

Here's hoping he gets things straightened out whether or not he ever plays a down at UNT.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 2

Just now, SilverEagle said:

If you are going by "potential" alone, that would be Pearson. But I bet the coaches would really hate to burn his redshirt.

He has dressed out every game so far.. and so has Greg White...

Also, Carson did get late reps in the Lamar game.. Yes this is likely no biggie, but they did play the true freshman  Davis, Sanders, TonyK, and Johnson...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, likely none of us knew Isadore had gotten a DWI.. With that being said not a great first impression to make (with him being a mid-season transfer) and wonder if this lead to another reason to bring in 2 QBs.. If he was on short leash, they were likely planning ahead. 

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Thanks for sticking up for a dude who was never a factor here guys.   You're true Mean Green patriots.

You act like it's not a big deal but it is.. highest QB in that QB room, who was here as a PWO.. had the tools to be a solid QB that was recovering from a injury.

Yes he didn't play a snap, but he was in the QB room, on the team, and in that locker-room. I'm going to assume he is still in school at UNT, but we don't know if this has impacted his education as well. This also only leaves us with 4 QBs, it now leaves us with Fine and Quinn, then Pearson and Carson at QB.. 

6 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

You act like it's not a big deal but it is.. highest QB in that QB room, who was here as a PWO.. had the tools to be a solid QB that was recovering from a injury.

Yes he didn't play a snap, but he was in the QB room, on the team, and in that locker-room. I'm going to assume he is still in school at UNT, but we don't know if this has impacted his education as well. This also only leaves us with 4 QBs, it now leaves us with Fine and Quinn, then Pearson and Carson at QB.. 

No.   It's not.   This guy had less of an impact on the Mean Green than Brock Berglund... let that sink in.

And what does "highest QB in that QB room" mean?    "Tallest"?   "Influenced"?    Something else?   None of which would make any difference at all.    Lots of people fell in love with this dude's measurables.  I had a sliver of hope for him too early on.   He didn't do anything during Fall practice to put himself into the conversation... so he became a non-factor, yet some folks on here (you included) were still expecting to see something out of him.  I don't understand why.

Sorry, not everyone will be a contributor.

20 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Yeah . . . some of us remember the 2009 and 2010 seasons, where we got down to at least our 4th string QB.

I remember.   There was no guarantee he would have played even in that scenario.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1