Adopter Player(s) Results vs UAB

AustinFromUNT

One of my adopted players was active with the other still inactive due to injury (Bryce English).

Andy Flusche was very disruptive along the D-Line this week. He had 1 solo, sack, & TFL. His stats don’t fully represent how disruptive he was. Ball was often run to the other side due to the fear of what he would do to their back.

• Lovely Take 1

My adoptive player, FB Cannon Maki, has a broken hand. He had a bandage on his hand that looked like a boxing glove.

Cannon had surgery to fix two bones in his hand, so Cannon will be out for awhile.

Side note, I saw Bryce English at half time. Bryce was wearing a protective boot on his foot, and a cart to

carry his leg so he can move around. Bryce was skating around pretty good, but he was not using his leg to stand or walk on.

I think he will  be out longer than  projected in October.

Looked to be much thinner too so he must have lost some weight while rehabbing the broken foot.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

Creighton Barr my adopted player had a tough night as far as I can tell from the coaches standpoint.  Looks like he started and then got replaced in the 2nd half by Mose.  On the plays I watched him he looked good, got good leverage and seemed to be dominating in most of the blocks he was involved in.  He had a couple of issues but not enough for him to be pulled in my opinion.  It may be they are just trying to develop depth there.

Jeffery "The Jet" Wilson

vs. UAB 26 carries for 211 yards with a TD Wilson averaged 8.1 yards a carry. Aside from the 2 fumbles, it was an outstanding game for him.

On the season, Wilson has 63 carries for 518 yards and 6 TDs, and averaged 8.2 yards a carry.

Wilson is easily the leading rusher in C-USA, averaging 129.5 yards per game, and he leads all running backs with 6 TDs.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

16 hours ago, Harry said:

Creighton Barr my adopted player had a tough night as far as I can tell from the coaches standpoint.  Looks like he started and then got replaced in the 2nd half by Mose.  On the plays I watched him he looked good, got good leverage and seemed to be dominating in most of the blocks he was involved in.  He had a couple of issues but not enough for him to be pulled in my opinion.  It may be they are just trying to develop depth there.

Was he at center when that snap went over Mason’s head near the goal line? I can’t remember.

On 9/24/2017 at 11:48 AM, AustinFromUNT said:

One of my adopted players was active with the other still inactive due to injury (Bryce English).

Andy Flusche was very disruptive along the D-Line this week. He had 1 solo, sack, & TFL. His stats don’t fully represent how disruptive he was. Ball was often run to the other side due to the fear of what he would do to their back.

Have you watched him the last 3 years?
are we talking about the same guy? Andy Flusche has been horrible.  He get's destroyed by OT's about 99% of the time. 
to date, his solo tackle/sack count in 3 years and 4 games is:
Solo:21 tackles
Sacks:4.0
I seriously doubt UAB's offense was concerned about him and certainly didn't fear him.  

that's laughable.  

• Glossary
    Tackles Def Int Fumbles
Year School Conf Class Pos G Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk Int Yds Avg TD PD FR Yds TD FF
Career North Texas         21 35 56 6.5 4.0 0 0   0 3 0     0
2014 North Texas CUSA FR DE 6 4 8 12 2.5 1.5 0 0   0 0 0     0
2015 North Texas CUSA SO DE 8 6 10 16 2.5 1.5 0 0   0 1 0     0
*2016 North Texas CUSA JR DE 12 7 10 17 0.5 0.0 0 0   0 0 0     0
2017 North Texas CUSA SR DE 4 4 7 11 1.0 1.0 0 0   0 2 0     0

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/andy-flusche-1.html

Edited by meangreen08
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

50 minutes ago, meangreen08 said:

are we talking about the same guy? Andy Flusche has been horrible.  He get's destroyed by OT's about 99% of the time. 
I seriously doubt UAB's offense was concerned about him and certainly didn't fear him.  

that's laughable.  

• Glossary
    Tackles Def Int Fumbles
Year School Conf Class Pos G Solo Ast Tot Loss Sk Int Yds Avg TD PD FR Yds TD FF

Let us pray that, once the season is over, he and that entire caravan of Muenster bozos he brings with him will "soar on the wings of eagles" out of Denton, never to return.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 4

56 minutes ago, meangreen08 said:

that's laughable.  

• Glossary
    Tackles Def Int Fumbles

@AustinFromUNT,  You just gonna let some dude talk about your boy like that?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheGreenBandit said:

Let us pray that, once the season is over, he and that entire caravan of Muenster bozos he brings with him will "soar on the wings of eagles" out of Denton, never to return.

Right about now, I would trade all of them for you.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Did he take your girlfriend from you or what?  He is off to a good start this year. Don't insult the fans.  They show up for the games unlike a lot of people who attended school here. I sit right above them and they seem like good people.

21 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

@AustinFromUNT,  You just gonna let some dude talk about your boy like that?

He is off to a really good start and is such a valuable part of the defense that he plays on the field goal unit.... he is such an asset to the defense he did not want to chance getting injured by taking one step to the right and touching the edge rusher in the Iowa game and allowed a field goal to be blocked. 

• Upvote 1