**OFFICIAL UAB vs UNT GAME THREAD**

Harry

" UAB should have gone for two when they had the chance."

Easy to say.  I'm glad that I didn't have to make that decision.  I think you have to take the sure point and don't piss away the comeback, but you can make a case either way.

Our special teams just killed us.  Big returns all through the game.

Yes, it was sloppy... entertaining at times, painful to watch at times.

Did you guys get a call on the 75 yard TD that was called back?  I was watching BeIn sports, and there was no call by the refs and the announcers never did say.  That was a huge game changing call. 

Grats, you guys never quit and gutted it out.  I'm proud of our team, they by God never quit either.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Absolutely deserved the win.  Secondary has to get their act together.

Everybody loved the idea of Reffett taking over and playing aggressive with the corners.  Live by the sword, die by the sword.  May have to look at more conservative secondary play and provide more help over the top.

Valid point, however when it starts to look (more and more) that you might not have the players to be that aggressive you have to adjust.

When is English back?

UAB is likely on par with or better than FAU, Rice and UTEP (definitely UTEP). We should have won this game clearer, there were indeed a number of bad decisions by the staff (For example we seem not to be able to snap quickly when we get an ambigious call in our favor, etc). However there were also areas of improvement: Despite the missed PAT, special teams was the best it was all season, even the punter had no major breakdown (although it was close one time). Penalty-wise this was a very clean game from UNTs side. Those things will matter down the road. UNT might reach 6, this will likely turn out to be a crucial win toward that goal. But it will not be easy.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, outoftown said:

UAB is likely on par with or better than FAU, Rice and UTEP (definitely UTEP). We should have won this game clearer, there were indeed a number of bad decisions by the staff (For example we seem not to be able to snap quickly when we get an ambigious call in our favor, etc). However there were also areas of improvement: Despite the missed PAT, special teams was the best it was all season, even the punter had no major breakdown (although it was close one time). Penalty-wise this was a very clean game from UNTs side. Those things will matter down the road. UNT might reach 6, this will likely turn out to be a crucial win toward that goal. But it will not be easy.

Why was UAB supposed to be so easy?? They have been recruiting better than us, and have had the same coaches since they last played, and been allowed to practice as well during the break??? 

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, untbowler said:

glad you still support the s**t show the past few weeks. Win is a win, but this was embarrassing. Remind coaches there are 2 halves in a football game

You want to see a show go look in the mirror! You have know idea about competive drive and that is what won the game!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have like a thousand channels on comcast and recently they jumbled all the numbers in a way that makes no sense, so I didn't even know I had Bein or this game on til after half. I was so encouraged by the halftime score, then I started to watch. No pressure on UAB QB was frustrating to see. But at least some guys made plays at the very end. It was a good ending but there was some really bad football mixed in with the good. Sure hope to see improvement next time.

22 minutes ago, GMG81 said:

Bad performance. Defense must shore itself up. Don't really know what else to say. First time in my fandom I hobbled away truly disappointed after a W. 

Yes lets be disappointed in a W, and the 500th Win vs a team that has out recruited us, and been practicing for years...

You going to be disappointed if we beat UTSA with a last second FG???? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Yes lets be disappointed in a W, and the 500th Win vs a team that has out recruited us, and been practicing for years...

You going to be disappointed if we beat UTSA with a last second FG???? 

I'm not disappointed like the person who posted but I do agree that this game has alarmingly exposed many worrisome deficiencies in this team and coaching staff. I was mostly surprised by how poorly the secondary played and how UAB out-coached our coaches in the second half. Our halftime adjustments aren't working and we have to keep maturing as a program if we even want to get to a bowl game.

Moreover, UTSA is clearly at a higher level than UAB so far from what they've shown compared to UAB so I don't think anybody would be disappointed in a close W against them. We will be underdogs in that game, whereas we were favored in this game.

Two HUGE improvements over last week and really all season. Special teams and penalties. Night and day.  

It does look like the change up on the defense has been tough for our secondary. I hope they get that fixed  

Jeffery Wilson is a beast  

Jaylen Guyton looks like he could be a  problem for CUSA defenses if they can get him the ball more 

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2

I'll take the win. But I will definitely reel my season win total in. Unless SL and Company can learn to adjust, the offense can score 50 pts and lose by one score. 

Didn't TTech go thru this...always scored a ton of points but so did there opposition. Not a fan of this type of FB...I like Defense....

• Upvote 3