Uniforms for Saturday

MGNation92

33 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Does it bother anyone else that the SOW is so far back on our green and black helmets? At some angles it looks like a blank helmet. We either need to shrink the logo or go with something that fits on a helmet. 

Yes, we've done that for a few years and I have no idea why. From all angles it looks too far back.

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

No, it says, "Our primary color is UNT green. . . . Our secondary colors are black, white and the green shades used in our theme."

official-colors.png.b5b986a18f21994634e8b6a1f767ffe5.png

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Does it bother anyone else that the SOW is so far back on our green and black helmets? At some angles it looks like a blank helmet. We either need to shrink the logo or go with something that fits on a helmet. 

Yes.  I really like the helmet from the Iowa game with the oversized SOW.  That looks much better.  Undersized greeen SOW on black helmet = no bueno.  It doesn't show up from any distance.  I guess if the players like it and they're seeing it up close, then ok.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

Is there a rules change coming next year?  If so, what is it?

The rule has been changed this year. They are giving a years notice because of the way uniforms are purchased.   The new rule states that the pant legs have to cover the knee and have a knee pad.  The officials are looking for this in pregame this year. This guy will be told to pull his pant legs down  and if he doesn't then he will not be allowed on the field. Next year, it will actually be a penalty anytime he comes on the playing field during the game.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DT 90 said:

The rule has been changed this year. They are giving a years notice because of the way uniforms are purchased.   The new rule states that the pant legs have to cover the knee and have a knee pad.  The officials are looking for this in pregame this year. This guy will be told to pull his pant legs down  and if he doesn't then he will not be allowed on the field. Next year, it will actually be a penalty anytime he comes on the playing field during the game.

I hope it doesn't hurt McClain's game 

AR-170919635.jpg&MaxH=500&MaxW=652

...or others':

1446349771-DRC_UNTvsUTSA_20.jpg

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

23 hours ago, DT 90 said:

A promo picture and dressing for an actual game are two very different things.

• Downvote 1

On 9/19/2017 at 6:49 PM, UNTexas said:

Why is he standing like that?

That's the first thing I noticed as well, and still can't get out of my head!

He looks like a cross between the kid that got one of those old "authentic" football uniforms they used to have in the Christmas catalogs and Karl Childers.

He looks like he's showing it off to his parents for the first time and they got the cameras out and told him to pose. He doesn't really want to, but he knows if he doesn't, then he won't get to go back to tackling all his sister's stuffed animals.

Edited by TheFranchise

1 hour ago, Huff said:

When you get a chance, look at what the Texas Aggies are wearing to play Arkansas at JerryWorld tomorrow and think about the nuclear reaction on this board if North Texas did something like that.  Interesting.....

That aggie uniform is just plain DUMB. So so dumb. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, adman said:

That aggie uniform is just plain DUMB. So so dumb. 

If you grew up in Houston and we're a fan of the Oilers you wouldn't see it that way.  But if you are just talking about the design etc I could get it:  I like it more for the sentiment.

Just now, Harry said:

If you grew up in Houston and we're a fan of the Oilers you wouldn't see it that way.

So Jerry Jones played on the National Championship Razorback team, goes on to own the Cowboys, gets inducted into the Pro HOF this year. His alma mater is playing in his stadium and they wish to honor him by blending the two uniforms. That makes sense.

The "look what they did we have to counter so lets do Oilers" misses the mark. Completely. Just dumb. Now if they wanna play in NRG and honor Bum Phillips (A&M asst coach) some day - then ok...???

• Upvote 3