Official UAB Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

Week 3 was a tough matchup for the Mean Green, and I think a lot of us came away rather impressed with the effort.

Now, it's time to kick-off conference play, and lucky-for-us, we draw the feel-good-story Blazers of UAB!

After 2 different weeks of extreme challenges for our defense, it will be nice to draw a squad that doesn't have an incredible <fill-in-the-blank player/unit>.  They'll be very well coached, but they'll be overmatched by the Mean Green this week.  There is 2 weeks worth of frustration built up for our guys.  If they can keep that extra motivation under control and stay focused, they should come out and immediately impose their will against UAB.   If they're overly-amped, look for the costly mistakes/penalties to continue to pile up, and the game will be sloppy & closer than it should be.

Offensively, I look for Wilson to get rolling again, and for Mason to continue working on stretching the field with Guyton.  Should be a pretty big day offensively.

Defensively, I expect a shaky UAB OL to have a tough time with UNT's defensive front 7 with all the blitzes/stunts/uncertainty about where pressure is coming from.  Should be a field day for Ejiya again.

Not saying I expect this to be a blowout because UAB will score some... because they'll likely get some 3rd down conversions offensively while we shoot ourselves in the foot on 3rd down offensively.  But it should be apparent throughout the game which team is superior.

UNT: 38
UAB: 24

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Week 3 was a tough matchup for the Mean Green, and I think a lot of us came away rather impressed with the effort.

Now, it's time to kick-off conference play, and lucky-for-us, we draw the feel-good-story Blazers of UAB!

After 2 different weeks of extreme challenges for our defense, it will be nice to draw a squad that doesn't have an incredible <fill-in-the-blank player/unit>.  They'll be very well coached, but they'll be overmatched by the Mean Green this week.  There is 2 weeks worth of frustration built up for our guys.  If they can keep that extra motivation under control and stay focused, they should come out and immediately impose their will against UAB.   If they're overly-amped, look for the costly mistakes/penalties to continue to pile up, and the game will be sloppy & closer than it should be.

Offensively, I look for Wilson to get rolling again, and for Mason to continue working on stretching the field with Guyton.  Should be a pretty big day offensively.

Defensively, I expect a shaky UAB OL to have a tough time with UNT's defensive front 7 with all the blitzes/stunts/uncertainty about where pressure is coming from.  Should be a field day for Ejiya again.

Not saying I expect this to be a blowout because UAB will score some... because they'll likely get some 3rd down conversions offensively while we shoot ourselves in the foot on 3rd down offensively.  But it should be apparent throughout the game which team is superior.

UNT: 38
UAB: 24

Dammit, I was literally going to predict 38-24.

17,751 in attendance.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, southsideguy said:

35-24 mean green, i think attendance jumps up to 20k.

2 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

Yep, it's parent's weekend.  Attendance will be better than the 1st game....well, unless it's a sweltering 95F + 85% humidity still....either way, should be better.

UNT - 31

UAB - 20

Dammit, I didn't know about Parents Weekend.