How Do You Feel Headed Into Conference Play

AustinFromUNT

How Do You Feel Headed Into Conference Play?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think our record will be?

• 1-11
    • 2-10
    • 3-9
    • 4-8
    • 5-7
    • 6-6
    • 7-5
    • 8-4
    • 9-3
    • 10-2

I'll stick with 7-5 as I see signs of life from this team, just some things to clean up and some early challenges (Sutton, Iowa gigantic OL) they could not overcome that they wont see again this year.   Will be nice to see the offense continue to get better through the season, and looking forward to English's return.

• Upvote 2

I'm worried.  I see things offensively and defensively that are encouraging but there's a lot that's not.  I'm worried that this team will keep making just enough mistakes to lose games.  I'm worried that injuries will start eating away our depth.  I'm worried that our team may just not be mature enough to win consistently.

This is a big game as dropping to 1-4 would almost end any real shot at 6-6 (which is what I voted).  

• Confused 1

I put 9-3 as I believe we have played our toughest games this season.  I think we drop one more.  Biggest concern is losing to uab- can't happen or season attendance will be a disaster. Nervous. Beat the blazers.

GMG

• Upvote 1

I feel a lot better going into this conference season than I did last year. That said, our team simply can't afford to overlook anyone on the schedule including UAB. I know we have the talent to beat them, but will we? From UAB standpoint, THEY want this game badly. We really need to get them down quickly and keep them there. I honestly don't see any team left on the schedule that we simply can't beat, but several will require us to play very, very, VERY well. We can't afford terrible special teams play against La Tech. We can't have continuous stupid penalties against Southern Miss. We must have better 3rd down production on both sides of the ball against UTSA.

While we can beat any team left on the schedule, we can also lose to any team left if we don't play our best. 

Edited by VideoEagle
  • Upvote 1