Post Game Rant

El Paso Eagle

19 minutes ago, Mg_football_know said:

Yall have no clue what you are talking about... I bet most of you have never played football better yet college football at a D1 program. 

All Y'all do is talk about how bad everyone is but yet could you do any better? if so why aren't you on a field coaching? Go volunteer there since everyone has so much to always say year after year.    Let's talk about how more than half of the crowd always leaves after half time. Or how dry the crowd is... Where is the support here? All you hear is negativity never anything positive.   If you want things to get better do something.. it's a  team effort including coaches players and fans.  Players and coaches lean on the fans and vice versa.. Most of y'all are clueless about football but yet ones talk the most crap. 

Doubt you ever played D1 as well... let alone ever got a look around D1 offices..

• Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Mg_football_know said:

Yall have no clue what you are talking about... I bet most of you have never played football better yet college football at a D1 program. 

All Y'all do is talk about how bad everyone is but yet could you do any better? if so why aren't you on a field coaching? Go volunteer there since everyone has so much to always say year after year.    Let's talk about how more than half of the crowd always leaves after half time. Or how dry the crowd is... Where is the support here? All you hear is negativity never anything positive.   If you want things to get better do something.. it's a  team effort including coaches players and fans.  Players and coaches lean on the fans and vice versa.. Most of y'all are clueless about football but yet ones talk the most crap. 

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Maybe it should be our DB coach. He's taught his players well how to stay way back 

We could re-hire the Dodge assistant who stopped down in-game to lecture players about cussing to be the "stay back" guy.  He seemed to have a deep passion for non-football related sideline activity...in-game.  And, we could probably get him for high school teacher/coach dough.  He could be the co-special teams guy with Biagi as well.  Couldn't hurt.  Might help. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Somebody just needs to chill out a bit. It was a good effort by the Mean Green today and overall I think UNT took a step forward. Defensive front played much better than I expected against those big run oriented Corn fed Iowa boys. No doubt our D was pooped going into the 4th. UNT is a young team with a young coaching staff. Both are going through some learning "pains", but the bright spots are there and I do believe positive progress is being made. SMU took us to the woodshed the week before. UNT was up 14-10 AT Iowa at the half.

It is no secret that special teams needs some improvement as does  on-field discipline....especially before and after plays! 

But, overall, I was proud of my Mean Green today.  Much prouder of the effort I saw today than last week at SMU.

So, everyone calm down. CUSA play is starting soon, we have a home game next week that we can win.

Let's see what "corrections" are made and what progress we see. I have seen progress after every game.  I will go to bed tonight feeling much better about our season's prospects than I did last Saturday after that SMU game.

Not one coach we have coaches to lose or to make mistakes. They are doing all they can to help our players win. But, a coach cannot trot on the field and punt the ball, or intercept a pass, or sack the opposing QB, or throw a TD pass. Everyone wants to win. Fixes will be made whether it is to players, coaches or game plans and schemes.  We will see how it goes, but let's not "eat ourselves" as a fan base. Chill. Let's see what happens against UAB this next week.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Downvote 4

8 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Incredibly disappointing loss. We looked like we wanted it more. I am so disappointed we didn't win. 

I really like Mason Fine. He is a star.

Disappointing loss, I agree. A game that could've been very easily won. 

Quinn Shanbour had the best 2 throws from the QB position of the day. And the best QB scamble. All plays led to one (Quinn's only drive) of our 2 touchdown drives. How this is not being talked about is beyond me. 

IMO, we have a QB controversy. 

• Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 4

35 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Somebody just needs to chill out a bit. It was a good effort by the Mean Green today and overall I think UNT took a step forward. Defensive front played much better than I expected against those big run oriented Corn fed Iowa boys. No doubt our D was pooped going into the 4th. UNT is a young team with a young coaching staff. Both are going through some learning "pains", but the bright spots are there and I do believe positive progress is being made. SMU took us to the woodshed the week before. UNT was up 14-10 AT Iowa at the half.

It is no secret that special teams needs some improvement as does  on-field discipline....especially before and after plays! 

But, overall, I was proud of my Mean Green today.  Much prouder of the effort I saw today than last week at SMU.

So, everyone calm down. CUSA play is starting soon, we have a home game next week that we can win.

Let's see what "corrections" are made and what progress we see. I have seen progress after every game.  I will go to bed tonight feeling much better about our season's prospects than I did last Saturday after that SMU game.

Not one coach we have coaches to lose or to make mistakes. They are doing all they can to help our players win. But, a coach cannot trot on the field and punt the ball, or intercept a pass, or sack the opposing QB, or throw a TD pass. Everyone wants to win. Fixes will be made whether it is to players, coaches or game plans and schemes.  We will see how it goes, but let's not "eat ourselves" as a fan base. Chill. Let's see what happens against UAB this next week.

I agree. I agree that I am more happy this week (vs a much better opponent) than last week. 

But that is not good enough. We had this game at the tip of our fingers. Check 3rd down conversion %. Check the lack of respect on Iowa's last TD. Check how many times Iowa went for it on 4th down. Check the lack of offensive production when it mattered most. Check why there is no conversation about why Shanbour, after leading the team to the 1st half (and last TD drive) TD drive, he wasn't inserted back in to keep that fire going. Why we called a TO on a kickoff. Why the lack of discipline? There were too many mishaps to quietly go to bed tonight without questioning them...

This is the kind of game we need to close on when it's in our grasp. We continuously shot ourselves in the foot and too many plays were left to fall through the cracks. 

*Shanbour should've at least had the opening drive of the 2nd half to see what kind of steam he had with the offense. Instead, we put in a battered QB coming off a 1st half injury. 

• Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, Mg_football_know said:

so what is your expertise in college football?

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

There's nothing to fix, really, because we won't play a team like this again all year.

Army will run, but it will be an option-based run offense.  Other than that, we should be okay.

I think we all expect a win next week by 10-14 points, if not more against a new UAB.

No worries unless UAB does what SMU or Iowa did to us.  Doubt they will even get close.

2 minutes ago, CrackBackBlocka said:

There's nothing to fix, really, because we won't play a team like this again all year.

Army will run, but it will be an option-based run offense.  Other than that, we should be okay.

I think we all expect a win next week by 10-14 points, if not more against a new UAB.

No worries unless UAB does what SMU or Iowa did to us.  Doubt they will even get close.

Turning into a theme. 

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

Disappointing loss, I agree. A game that could've been very easily won. 

Quinn Shanbour had the best 2 throws from the QB position of the day. And the best QB scamble. All plays led to one (Quinn's only drive) of our 2 touchdown drives. How this is not being talked about is beyond me. 

IMO, we have a QB controversy. 

Quinn had the second and third best throws of the day. Mason's sideline go route to Smiley was the best throw of the day.

I'm very pro-Fine. I think he is, in terms of actually QB-ing talent, the best I've seen at UNT, measurables be damned. that said...he's still just "good", and after seeing Quinn's "great" (albeit small) scoring drive, I'd have liked to see a bit more of him if only to either quell any controversy or to make clear there is one

• Upvote 2