Post Game Rant

El Paso Eagle

Just now, Censored by Laurie said:

Quinn had the second and third best throws of the day. Mason's sideline go route to Smiley was the best throw of the day.

I'm very pro-Fine. I think he is, in terms of actually QB-ing talent, the best I've seen at UNT, measurables be damned. that said...he's still just "good", and after seeing Quinn's "great" (albeit small) scoring drive, I'd have liked to see a bit more of him if only to either quell any controversy or to make clear there is one

So you agree. Thank you. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

So you agree. Thank you. 

I haven't brought out the anointing oils yet, so no.

I saw two really good throws and a successful "let's get you hit to make you aware you're in the game" QB draw. as @GangGreen brilliantly pointed out, that's about the same sample size we saw out of the highest rated QB in school history...the great Hiram Gonzalez.

you're too young to know him...but he's a (cult) legend. 

• Upvote 3

I'm also of the mind that it would not have hurt to see what Quinn could have done with another opportunity. 

But as far as lathering up the anointing oils go in a purely Manichean, they're all idiots, sense: Anyone here remember Matt Flynn of Green Bay? No? Exactly. Sample sizes matter. 

And for nostalgia's sake: SPENCER STACK WOULDA THROWN FOR 10 TOUCHDOWNS IN 6 ATTEMPTS IF THE HEAD COACH WASN'T AN IDIOT!!!!!

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Mg_football_know said:

Yall have no clue what you are talking about... I bet most of you have never played football better yet college football at a D1 program. 

All Y'all do is talk about how bad everyone is but yet could you do any better? if so why aren't you on a field coaching? Go volunteer there since everyone has so much to always say year after year.    Let's talk about how more than half of the crowd always leaves after half time. Or how dry the crowd is... Where is the support here? All you hear is negativity never anything positive.   If you want things to get better do something.. it's a  team effort including coaches players and fans.  Players and coaches lean on the fans and vice versa.. Most of y'all are clueless about football but yet ones talk the most crap. 

The above is true . At times it is hard to watch your team get beat . We have our opinions on how things should have been done but there's a reason why most of you sit and post on the board. It's because you can't do it any better. Don't shit on our team because thing are going bad . You guys are probably the same people who sit during the game and knee for the national anthem.

GMG!!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 11

I guess this is as good a place as any to say this.

I AM SICK TO DEATH OF OUR DEFENSE GETTING BEAT DEEP. 

We dodged the bullet several times in the game, starting with the stupid penalty that took away Iowa's long run after a pass, and continuing with at least two or three long passes that were overthrown. In all of the overthrow situations, our DB's were beaten deep.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

I haven't brought out the anointing oils yet, so no.

I saw two really good throws and a successful "let's get you hit to make you aware you're in the game" QB draw. as @GangGreen brilliantly pointed out, that's about the same sample size we saw out of the highest rated QB in school history...the great Hiram Gonzalez.

you're too young to know him...but he's a (cult) legend. 

Amon Carter Stadium, September 21st 2002.  Amirite?

We lost by 6 points to TCU who would finish that season 10-2.

Rick

• Downvote 1

Just now, FirefightnRick said:

Amon Carter Stadium, September 21st 2002.  Amirite?

We lost by 6 points to TCU who would finish that season 10-2.

Rick

me and @Green Lantern mf-ing every 3rd and 7 dive for 1. 

Hiram Gonzalez...2 for 3, 65 yards and a touchdown...358.7 passer rating in that game. and his career. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Mg_football_know said:

Yall have no clue what you are talking about... I bet most of you have never played football better yet college football at a D1 program. 

So only those who played D1 football have knowledge?  Guess you need to tell that to Mike Leach, Paul Johnson, David Cutliffe, Chad Morris, Sonny Dykes, and Hugh Freeze

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3