Post Game Rant

El Paso Eagle

The discipline on this team is getting no better. This is a reflection on what the coaches accept

Special teams play is very, very bad – in all areas

Fine puts up stats, again. Seems to gain status more when we lose than when we win (but it’s evil to say anything against him)

3rd down performance on both sides was embarrassing

I thought our radio crew did a shitty job today, could have been mistaken for Iowa’s home crew

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2

Negatives:

Iowa could have scored 14 more points on us pretty easily

Special Teams are a gigantic concern going into CUSA

Only scored 14 pts against a very suspect defense that really struggled against Iowa St.

Positives:

Defense played really hard even when very overmatched in both size and speed - good effort

Shanbour can get the job done if Fine is ever hurt

Wilson is a stud

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Look at time in the pocket! That may be a first against a strong D!

You're aware Fine got destroyed on 3 different plays because of Murray?

Outside of Murray it seemed to be a better OL day, yes but still could be improved.. it's a positive to say the least that they blocked a lot better today in terms of fine having more time (at times) compared to SMu

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Curious to know why the timeout before kick off... never seen that before.

I'm guessing you mean the 1st half one of SL and Bianga and it looked like they were talking to Andy...

Im guessing someone wasn't out like they should be?

Just now, UNTexas said:

I'll repeat it for the third week, our special teams is really unacceptable in all facits of it. 

Agreed, Punting was costly.. KR blocking terrible.. Darden couldn't even get go from the 1 to the 15 before getting hit.. 

3 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I'm guessing you mean the 1st half one of SL and Bianga and it looked like they were talking to Andy...

Im guessing someone wasn't out like they should be?

Agreed, Punting was costly.. KR blocking terrible.. Darden couldn't even get go from the 1 to the 15 before getting hit.. 

Was Darden hit by an Iowa player or one of ours?   I thought it was one of ours. 

Just now, NorthTexan95 said:

Was Darden hit by an Iowa player or one of ours?   I thought it was one of ours. 

I believe when he got hurt it was our guy. One KR earlier in the game the kickoff had him field at the 1 or right at the goaline without him being able to take a knee, he ran it out and was stop around the 15 as well

6 minutes ago, RealMeanGreenMatt said:

Freaking Special Teams and unacceptable penalties. Two sideline fouls on the coaches as well. Piss poor....THATS RIGHT I SAID IT.

O Brother Perry, Where Art Thou?

I'm wondering who use the coach that is supposed to prevent this? Womack? the recruiting coordinator? I see them on the sideline but no idea what they do 

1 minute ago, Marty said:

He's talking about the "get back" coach, the one that makes sure everyone is behind the sidelines. It used to be Frank Wintrich, not sure who it is now.

Maybe it should be our DB coach. He's taught his players well how to stay way back 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Marty said:

He's talking about the "get back" coach, the one that makes sure everyone is behind the sidelines. It used to be Frank Wintrich, not sure who it is now.

Correct, my bad on the terrible wording.. multi-tasking and GMG.com on a phone apparently doesn't work for me

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Maybe it should be our DB coach. He's taught his players well how to stay way back 

lol major +1

Edited by BTG_Fan1

Yall have no clue what you are talking about... I bet most of you have never played football better yet college football at a D1 program. 

All Y'all do is talk about how bad everyone is but yet could you do any better? if so why aren't you on a field coaching? Go volunteer there since everyone has so much to always say year after year.    Let's talk about how more than half of the crowd always leaves after half time. Or how dry the crowd is... Where is the support here? All you hear is negativity never anything positive.   If you want things to get better do something.. it's a  team effort including coaches players and fans.  Players and coaches lean on the fans and vice versa.. Most of y'all are clueless about football but yet ones talk the most crap. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 13