Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Quinn Shanbour


10Eagle10
 Share

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

That's fine, but remember, I SAW HIM FIRST.........then Chris Walker.

I'll share. I know you noticed him back in the turf toe days. I've been following him and rooting for him because of your intel. After the '15 spring game he is the player I most wanted to succeed but Mac wouldn't give him the time of day. The 16 spring game reinforced it.

He is my adopted player but you can be his adopted stepdad or adopted grandfather.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

I'll share. I know you noticed him back in the turf toe days. I've been following him and rooting for him because of your intel. After the '15 spring game he is the player I most wanted to succeed but Mac wouldn't give him the time of day. The 16 spring game reinforced it.

He is my adopted player but you can be his adopted stepdad or adopted grandfather.

Why didn't he start the 2nd half?!?!?!?! I am dumbfounded that he did not. Ending the 1st half with the offense hitting, they roll Fine back out there to score 0 points the entire half. Why? Just, Why? Go with your hot hand for just a possession to open up the 2nd half. But, no. They go with their comfort and it leads to exactly 0 2nd half points. Glad it worked out. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

Why didn't he start the 2nd half?!?!?!?! I am dumbfounded that he did not. Ending the 1st half with the offense hitting, they roll Fine back out there to score 0 points the entire half. Why? Just, Why? Go with your hot hand for just a possession to open up the 2nd half. But, no. They go with their comfort and it leads to exactly 0 2nd half points. Glad it worked out. 

Have to agree about going with Quinn would have been smart.. my question throughout the 2nd half was is Fine playing limited because of the injury.. We will never know but I think it was in the back of his mind.. 

Just my 2 cents even with Quinn and Fine being similar in size, I think Quinn is better equipped to take hits... We just have to hope if Fine is banged up, it doesn't affect the season that they keep running him out there at 70-80-90% 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Have to agree about going with Quinn would have been smart.. my question throughout the 2nd half was is Fine playing limited because of the injury.. We will never know but I think it was in the back of his mind.. 

Just my 2 cents even with Quinn and Fine being similar in size, I think Quinn is better equipped to take hits... We just have to hope if Fine is banged up, it doesn't affect the season that they keep running him out there at 70-80-90% 

Quinn is much better equipped to take the hits. That's not in question. He's a sturdier player, thicker. He is almost a more wiggly player to avoid those major hits. 

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that Quinn should've not taken the first series of the 2nd half. Just, yet again, another coaching blunder by this coaching staff. And I don't care what Fine was thinking or feeling. I know what he was doing and what his backup was able to do in a pressurized moment the previous half. Just another dumb decision by this coaching staff. No other way to put it. I was almost 100% certain that Quinn would have the first series of the 2nd half. But, hey, what do I know sitting 900 miles away. Apparently my strategy would've at least worked out just as good as the millionaire head coaches strategy....0 2nd half points. Just, DUMB. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quinn has thrown a total of 5 passes this season. He is 4 of 5 with 1 touchdown and zero interceptions. Every pass was on the money and the only incompletion was a drop by Hair-Griffin. 

He isn't that good though, just really lucky I suppose.

Always nice to know we have quality players riding the pine.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Quinn has thrown a total of 5 passes this season. He is 4 of 5 with 1 touchdown and zero interceptions. Every pass was on the money and the only incompletion was a drop by Hair-Griffin. 

He isn't that good though, just really lucky I suppose.

Always nice to know we have quality players riding the pine.

Yeah, but why not roll him out there to start the 2nd half...Riddle me that...

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fine and Shanbour both led us to 7 points.  Mason required about 56 minutes while Shanbour required about 4.  

Do we have a good little quarterback controversy here?  We haven't had one of those in a long time. Well, we haven't had a battle between what seems to be multiple good options in a long time.  We've had plenty of quarterback battles where the question was not who could win but would stink less. 

Edited by NorthTexan95
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very dumb decision but totally understandable. Some coaches care more about stats for their recruit than wins, if you get my drift? There is no reason to put an injured Fine back in with 1:57 left and the game out of hand. Even when the SMU game was way out of reach, Harrell left his recruit in the whole game. Shanbour's curse is that he came in as an unrecruited player plain and simple. My hat is off to the kid who came in cold off the bench and put a Big 10 defense on their heels and stuffed it down their throats running and passing engineering a 66 yard TD drive in just :28 seconds only to be rewarded with more pine sitting.

Edited by NeonGreen
Time correction
  • Lovely Take 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Fine and Shanbour both led us to 7 points.  Mason required about 56 minutes while Shanbour required about 4.  

Do we have a good little quarterback controversy here?

No. These coaches have hitched there wagon to Fine as long as he can still raise his arm above his head. 

You don't put a quarterback back on the bench with a 374.2 QBR and 12 yards on his only rush attempt unless you are REALLY sold on the other guy.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

No. These coaches have hitched there wagon to Fine as long as he can still raise his arm above his head. 

You don't put a quarterback back on the bench with a 374.2 QBR and 12 yards on his only rush attempt unless you are REALLY sold on the other guy.

Yeah, really sold on 0 2nd half points. Not to say that Shanbour would've done any better, but we will never know and I don't think the coaching staff wants us to know. I have no idea why coaches "hitch the wagons" but they (many of staffs) do this kind of garbage for no good reason. Seth Littrell needs to wake the ____ up, point blank. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I have no idea why coaches "hitch the wagons" but they (many of staffs) do this kind of garbage for no good reason. 

Oh there is a reason. When asked in their interview at their next coaching job how well can you recruit? The coach can point to their recruit's stats. The alternative answer could be devestating to their career. An answer such as "well actually an unrecruited walk on beat out my recruit." This is why Shanbour will be used only as an insurance policy should Fine ever go down. In my opinion, he never really had a chance to start from the get go let alone be given the opportunity to see if he could build on his performance of that 1 series which he was in.

Edited by NeonGreen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.