The problem with the UNT offense

UNT90

Is at QB. Not one pass over 20 yards the entire 1st half. Not one. 

9 and sometimes 10 guys in the box. And the routes most plays don't have a receiver more than 10 yards from the LOS. 

If anyone is expecting more than 4 or 5 wins outta this thing, you are delusional. 

Put in the kid from Ok St if you don't think Fine can throw deep. He can't be worse.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 11

34 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

9 and sometimes 10 guys in the box. And the routes most plays don't have a receiver more than 10 yards from the LOS. 

If anyone is expecting more than 4 or 5 wins outta this thing, you are delusional. 

Put in the kid from Ok St if you don't think Fine can throw deep. He can't be worse.

Speaking of delusional...

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

40 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

I don't know...Kenny Hill didn't have his best game, but give credit to Anderson and Hicks in the run game. Defense was really stout too...really like that Ridwan Issahaku

• Haha 6
  • Downvote 2

44 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Sure glad that other #6 threw that long ball for a TD 🙄🙄

The ONE deep ball he was allowed to throw all night.

How is 54-17 sitting in your mouth?

How is another terrible performance by another UNT QB sitting with you?

We lose big to Iowa and quite possibly lose to UAB. 

How is that sitting with you?

Recruiting matters. This staff hasn't. That's what you are seeing on the field tonight. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

Recruiting matters. This staff hasn't. That's what you are seeing on the field tonight. 

We have 24 thank you

• Downvote 2

Shitty play calling isn't sitting well...nor is reading this tripe by a fan who just wants to blame somebody, especially a kid that isn't responsible for crappy playcalling

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

Just now, emmitt01 said:

Shitty play calling isn't sitting well...nor is reading this tripe by a fan who just wants to blame somebody, especially a kid that isn't responsible for crappy playcalling

you think Doug Meacham is to blame? I think he's crafted a system pretty well to Kenny Hill's strengths

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, emmitt01 said:

There is a reason the coaches have routes all under 20 yards and don't call a deep ball. It's because they don't trust the QB to throw it. 

But ya, the coaching was pretty crappy, also, 

Just now, Silent Eagle said:

I blame NT90- he hasn't given me an opportunity to help fund a banner and obviously that's where things went wrong. 

You had the opportunity, but like most UNT fans, you were fine with 15 F'n years of losing. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

There is a reason the coaches have routes all under 20 yards and don't call a deep ball. It's because they don't trust the QB to throw it. 

But ya, the coaching was pretty crappy, also, 

You had the opportunity, but like most UNT fans, you were fine with 15 F'n years of losing. 

I donated $500

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Silent Eagle said:

I donated $500

Well, my apologies. Thank you for being on the right side of history. Expect Lifer to now stalk you to eternity.

1 minute ago, untjim1995 said:

You come back now? Right now, as we get our asses kicked, you show back up to kick dirt on the program? That Cougar Queen territory, pal...

Nobody needs you to tell us we sucked hard tonight and that we can't recruit. Anyone with any kind of brain can see that, even the homers on gmg.com...

Nope. I was back before the game. But feel free to join the bullying. I mean, nothing will be done about it, so pile on.

And you said anyone with any type of brain can see that we can't recruit? Well, unless you are calling most people on here stupid, you are more than a little wrong.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

14 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

What SL recruit are you disappointed in?  They are currently sophomores. Why are you even here. Fine is far from the problem. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

My thought is that the game plan against our offense is to just stop the run...by nature, because our offensive line has been so porous...you will get a good pass rush if you focus on stopping the run.  Because Mason is a smaller dude, he will be forced to make bad throws as he avoids/can't see over the pressure.  He will take a ton of hits over the course of the game in the process.

I'm a believer in Mason but our pass pro has to be a LOT better for him to be successful.  If we do that then people won't be able to focus on holding Jeff to 30 yds rushing.  

Mason deserves so much credit for the hits he takes.  Dude is a tough SOB.  Even last week he was taking a lot of hits and standing in there to make throws. 

Edited by tmjerm
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

What SL recruit are you disappointed in?  They are currently sophomores. Why are you even here. Fine is far from the problem. 

I would expect this exact post from your blind... self. Fine isn't allowed/can't throw the deep ball, and there obviously isn't another QB on the roster any better. After 2 years, that is a recruiting failure. You do realize Fine is a Littrel recruit, right?

But then again, RV would still be here if you had anything to say about it.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5