NT Bars near SMU???

BIG DAWG

10 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

None within walking distance, SMU practically has no nightlife nearby. Can't even buy beer at the CVS. Embarrassing. 

Go to Dots.

That's not totally fair, there's a couple cool bars off SMU boulevard like Milo's. They are also a stone's throw away from lower Greenville.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, meangreenthirteen said:

I would guess Dot's was a good bet. Just south of Uni Park. It's owned by Denton's bearded beer daddy John Williams of Oak Street and East Side fame. Great place, and has a huge battle flag hanging in it.

There is a large bussed contingent of green leaving Eastside right now for Dot's. We'll be there for a few hours then get to the Boulevard by 4:00.

Edited by Christopher Walker

2 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

None within walking distance, SMU practically has no nightlife nearby. Can't even buy beer at the CVS. Embarrassing. 

Go to Dots.

Ha! I remember you from when I was on your board last year. You're the racist guy from Houston who claims Dallas and SMU have no culture. lol And you're fixated on the one business that does not sell booze of the 100s around SMU. Walk across the street to 7-11 or Tom Thumb on Hillcrest and buy all the beer you want. There are no bars within walking distance of SMU, seriously?? Do you even read what you post? There are probably ten bars within walking distance of SMU - Trinity Hall, Milo's, Barley House, Twin Peaks, People's Last Stand, Green Elephant, Ozona's to name a few. and a few blocks away there are probably 15 more bars on Lower Greenville. Not to mention SMU was the first, I believe, college in Texas to sell beer at football and basketball games. 

And for the record, Dots is a great bar. Love that place. 

Edited by MJavierSMU
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, MJavierSMU said:

Ha! I remember you from when I was on your board last year. You're the racist guy from Houston who claims Dallas and SMU have no culture. lol And you're fixated on the one business that does not sell booze of the 100s around SMU. Walk across the street to 7-11 or Tom Thumb on Hillcrest and buy all the beer you want. There are no bars within walking distance of SMU, seriously?? Do you even read what you post? There are probably ten bars within walking distance of SMU - Trinity Hall, Milo's, Barley House, Twin Peaks, People's Last Stand, Green Elephant, Ozona's to name a few. and a few blocks away there are probably 15 more bars on Lower Greenville. Not to mention SMU was the first, I believe, college in Texas to sell beer at football and basketball games. 

And for the record, Dots is a great bar. Love that place. 

Racist guy? LOL what?

Dallas is a cultureless pit, that is kind of hard to argue. You can argue a lot of things about me, racist is kind of hilarious though. Arguing that Dallas is very white, maybe? Because it is? And SMU being overly homogenous--which is a statistic fact?

None of those bars are walkable, unless you enjoy getting harassed by hobos and dodging cars on the 75 feeder.

Also, did you really put Twin Peaks in that list? Hahahahaha.

We have bars literally on campus at UNT.

By all means, feel free to come call me a racist tonight at Dot's.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

46 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Racist guy? LOL what?

Dallas is a cultureless pit, that is kind of hard to argue. You can argue a lot of things about me, racist is kind of hilarious though. Arguing that Dallas is very white, maybe? Because it is? And SMU being overly homogenous--which is a statistic fact?

None of those bars are walkable, unless you enjoy getting harassed by hobos and dodging cars on the 75 feeder.

Also, did you really put Twin Peaks in that list? Hahahahaha.

We have bars literally on campus at UNT.

By all means, feel free to come call me a racist tonight at Dot's.

You're right statistics don't lie. Dallas is almost identical racially to Houston give or take a percentage or two. Look it up. 

As for SMU, it is as diverse or moreso than its peer private schools - TCU, Baylor and Tulane. Again, look it up. I know you only see what you want to kind of like fixating on the lone business around SMU that doesn't sell alcohol. And what does that even mean or prove? I'm pretty sure that is a CVS decision not SMU, Dallas or University Park. 

I think I'll probably pass on meeting you at Dots but that sounds like a very cultured, educated way to handle a difference of opinion. 

Lastly, the several times I have visited this board all of your posts have racial/cultural overtones. That is usually an indicator to me. Racists come in all forms, races and backgrounds. And I'm not white by the way. Hard to believe I know since I went to SMU and I'm from Dallas. 

Edited by MJavierSMU
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, MJavierSMU said:

You're right statistics don't lie. Dallas is almost identical racially to Houston give or take a percentage or two. Look it up. 

As for SMU, it is as diverse or moreso than its peer private schools - TCU, Baylor and Tulane. Again, look it up. I know you only see what you want to kind of like fixating on the lone business around SMU that doesn't sell alcohol. And what does that even mean or prove? I'm pretty sure that is a CVS decision not SMU, Dallas or University Park. 

I think I'll probably pass on meeting you at Dots but that sounds like a very cultured, educated way to handle a difference of opinion. 

Lastly, the several times I have visited this board all of your posts have racial/cultural overtones. That is usually an indicator to me. Racists come in all forms, races and backgrounds. And I'm not white by the way. Hard to believe I know since I went to SMU and I'm from Dallas. 

No, it's not. Houston is the most diverse city in america. Try again, bud.

• Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

No, it's not. Houston is the most diverse city in america. Try again, bud.

Okay, you're obviously not going to look at facts/stats but you're making yourself look silly now. Houston is very diverse, and so is Dallas but Houston not the most diverse city in America. Statistically Sacramento is. And you've never been to NYC, LA or Miami if you think Houston is more diverse than those cities. 

edit: just looked it up and the new estimated numbers do have Houston as the most diverse. my bad, you're right on that. I never disputed that Houston is not diverse but you painting Dallas as lily white and uncultured is simply untrue. There isn't a lot of difference between the two cities. 

Edited by MJavierSMU
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, MJavierSMU said:

Okay, you're obviously not going to look at facts/stats but you're making yourself look silly now. Houston is very diverse, and so is Dallas but Houston not the most diverse city in America. Statistically Sacramento is. And you've never been to NYC, LA or Miami if you think Houston is more diverse than those cities. 

edit: just looked it up and the new estimated numbers do have Houston as the most diverse. my bad, you're right on that. I never disputed that Houston is not diverse but you painting Dallas as lily white and uncultured is simply untrue. There isn't a lot of difference between the two cities. 

Little bit of research goes a long way, but not expecting a smoo grad to research.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-houston-diversity-2017-htmlstory.html