Seats in the sun at SMU

bstnsportsfan3

So for the seats we got from the ticket office for the SMU game, it seems a majority of NT fans are in sections 118-120. Does anyone know if these seats are directly in the sun like our visitors section is at apogee ? I haven't been to SMU's stadium before and was curious.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

So for the seats we got from the ticket office for the SMU game, it seems a majority of NT fans are in sections 118-120. Does anyone know if these seats are directly in the sun like our visitors section is at apogee ? I haven't been to SMU's stadium before and was curious.

Yep. 

upper-sideline-205.jpg?auto=webp&format=

ford-stadium.ashx?h=175&w=426&as=1&la=en

view-of-sunny-side-seating.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

18 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

The last photo the person taking the photo is in the shade.. #FakeNews

Well, the visitor section isn't exactly in that last pic.  It would be off the left edge of the pic, but in the sun. 

If you look at the middle pic, the visitor section is down below the left light array. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

4 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Tough crowd, getting a down vote for asking a question. Of course I'm going to the game and will sit there sun or no sun, was more just curious then anything.

I upvoted you to offset the tomfoolery.  Hope to see you there. 

4 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Well, the visitor section isn't exactly in that last pic.  It would be off the left edge of the pic, but in the sun. 

If you look at the middle pic, the visitor section is down below the left light array. 

Why do I gotta do everything! I just need a simple answer, geez!

• Haha 1

Actually, according to the Southern  Meth seating chart, half of section 126/226 and all of 127/227 and 128/228 are designated for visitors.  These sections are at the very end of the Shetland shoe.  I would expect these seats to be used most Saturdays as a solar collection area.

GO MEAN GREEN

6 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Actually, according to the Southern  Meth seating chart, half of section 126/226 and all of 127/227 and 128/228 are designated for visitors.  These sections are at the very end of the Shetland shoe.  I would expect these seats to be used most Saturdays as a solar collection area.

GO MEAN GREEN

That's old information. That's student seating now. 

http://smumustangs.com/documents/2017/1/23//2017_FootballSeasonTickets.pdf?id=6191

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, unttau said:

We will be in 115. Which from the pictures we will be out of the sun 

My buddy and I will be in 115 as well. I've compared the ticket master map and aerial photos of the stadium and it looks like we'll still be getting some sun for a bit. But that's nothing sun glasses and a hat won't fix.