UTSA AD Lynn Hickey steps down

@UNTSportsFan

Seems there has been a lot of turn over in UTSA senior AD personnel this year.

MYSA: UTSA assistant AD Brad Parrott retiring in June

UTSA senior assistant athletic director Brad Parrott has announced his retirement from the school effective in June.
Parrott, who has worked at the school since 2001, will join the staff at San Antonio Christian School in July in fund-raising and developmental positions.

---

His departure marks the second member of UTSA athletic director Lynn Hickey’s staff to leave in the last month. Former assistant athletic director Jim Goodman left the school last month to join the PM Group.

I imagine the stress of getting football up and running has finally wore her down. Plus, expectations increasing from fans and media increases anxiety. She might have just realized this is where I have to stop so that I can live longer.

But RV should be Numero Uno on the replacement list. He had 15 years of leadership here with stellar track records for hiring revenue coaches, OOC scheduling, and for fund raising...UTSA, do it!!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

I realize that there is no love lost between the fan bases of UNT and UTSA but some of the posts here are pretty trashy to say the least.

If any of you had ever met or knew Lynn Hickey, you'd know that she is one of the most down to earth, good people you'll ever meet. She's done a lot for UTSA and sports in general for the whole State of Texas. She's brought multiple Final Fours to the state, is the only Div.1 female AD in Texas history over both men's and women's sports, was President of the Southland Conf., on the Div. 1 Men's Basketball Committee that picks the 64 NCAA Tournament teams, etc. Anyway, you get the idea.

Sorry there's been some less than classy UTSA fans. All fanbases have them.  It's expected to trash each other's teams and schools and there's been bad blood between UTSA and UNT but to personally attack her is pretty low even in that context.

Edited by RunnerDad
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 8

4 minutes ago, RunnerDad said:

I realize that there is no love lost between the fan bases of UNT and UTSA but some of the posts here are pretty trashy to say the least.

If any of you had ever met or knew Lynn Hickey, you'd know that she is one of the most down to earth, good people you'll ever meet. She's done a lot for UTSA and sports in general for the whole State of Texas. She's brought multiple Final Fours to the state, is the only Div.1 female AD in Texas history over both men's and women's sports, was President of the Southland Conf., on the Div. 1 Men's Basketball Committee that picks the 64 NCAA Tournament teams, etc. Anyway, you get the idea.

Sorry there's been some less than classy UTSA fans. All fanbases have them.  It's expected to trash each other's teams and schools and there's been bad blood between UTSA and UNT but to personally attack her is pretty low even in that context.

Honestly, what was trashy? Sardonically wishing that a rival school gets into recruiting trouble is commonplace in the CFB world. Nobody wished ill on her in any way, so touting her accomplishments is pretty irrelevant.

Edited by meangreenthirteen
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

I don't wish Ill will in anyone or program because karma taste nasty and leaves a nasty nasty blow.

all the best on your new hire.  My cousin coaches for one of the women's teams so I root for the Runners in at least one sport every year.

Keeping it classy and come on up to Denton next month.

GMG

• Upvote 2

A fan board website is the last place I'd expect to see class. It's a waste of time for a fan of a suspected rival team to come post about not being classy enough. 

I don't care what she did for UTSA or what kind of person she is. She has nothing to do with my college.  So she can go have a nice retirement or do whatever she is going to do. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, meangreenthirteen said:

Honestly, what was trashy? Sardonically wishing that a rival school gets into recruiting trouble is commonplace in the CFB world. Nobody wished ill on her in any way, so touting her accomplishments is pretty irrelevant.

Seemed pretty obvious to me that he was referring to pushing RV in UTSA. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, RunnerDad said:

It's just that UTSA has a disproportionate amount of shitty fans. Must be the whole "didn't get into UT so I ended up here" thing.

15 hours ago, meangreenthirteen said:

They're sensitive.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

It's just that UTSA has a disproportionate amount of shitty fans. Must be the whole "didn't get into UT so I ended up here" thing.

You don't know what you're talking about.  Most didn't apply to UT, I know I didn't.  I went to the school that excelled in my field of interest, as all kids should.  Going to a school for the "cool" factor is just like throwing away money.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

19 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

You don't know what you're talking about.  Most didn't apply to UT, I know I didn't.  I went to the school that excelled in my field of interest, as all kids should.  Going to a school for the "cool" factor is just like throwing away money.  

Good point.  Smut and TCU come to mind.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2

17 hours ago, RunnerDad said:

Between UTSA players flipping off our fans and threatening to come out to Fry Street to fight our students after games, and some less than pleasant encounters with UTSA fans at Apogee stadium, it's pretty hard to see through what is probably a minority representation of the university and be objective toward anything about it.  

I don't wish Lynn Hickey any ill will, and my comment on the first page didn't suggest any such thing.  It's only that in past observations, when I've seen a member of any given athletic department abruptly step down for personal reasons, it's almost always related either to health or scandal.  

• Upvote 2