UTSA AD Lynn Hickey steps down

@UNTSportsFan

1 minute ago, oldguystudent said:

So she's either dying or the NCAA came knockin' and we're about to watch some serious slapping the little guy G5 go down, and she's fleeing a la Pete Carroll at USC.

Pete left for the NFL. She's leaving for ... ?

2 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

I get along great with most UNT fans great.  I follow the UNT program along with other CUSA teams out of interest and support, but comments like this are ugly and uncalled for.  Pretty poor showing of class.  Hickey has done many great things for UTSA, big one being FINALLY getting us a football program we have all been waiting on and one to be proud of.  I hope it is nothing health related and she has much success on her future ventures.  

Whoa.  A UTSA fan calling out a UNT fan for 'poor class'!
Please send more friendly UTSA fans here, and please forgive most here for having a very negative outlook on your fellow fans because we've been trolled pretty hard on this board by your brethren.

That said, I really hope Hickey is in good health, and she's just retiring or moving up in whatever career path she's wanting to take.

• Lovely Take 2

5 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

I get along great with most UNT fans great.  I follow the UNT program along with other CUSA teams out of interest and support, but comments like this are ugly and uncalled for.  Pretty poor showing of class.  Hickey has done many great things for UTSA, big one being FINALLY getting us a football program we have all been waiting on and one to be proud of.  I hope it is nothing health related and she has much success on her future ventures.  

Oh please, climb on down from that high horse buddy. Nobody is wishing ill on Hickey. It is fishy that she would suddenly step down like this, but nobody was hoping she or her family were hurting.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Rowdy said:

As @Withers940 mentioned above, I think we all hope this is not health related for Hickey.  Instead, let's hope that her sudden resignation is just due to good old fashion NCAA sanctions, maybe even the death penalty.

While we are on the subject of class, say hello to @correcamino and @RowdyTalk for me.  I believe they are excellent examples of the UT-San Antonio fanbase.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Whoa.  A UTSA fan calling out a UNT fan for 'poor class'!
Please send more friendly UTSA fans here, and please forgive most here for having a very negative outlook on your fellow fans because we've been trolled pretty hard on this board by your brethren.

That said, I really hope Hickey is in good health, and she's just retiring or moving up in whatever career path she's wanting to take.

Sorry to hear you have been getting negative feedback from UTSA fans.  I don't condone poor behavior like that and most true alumni seem to feel the same way.  There will always be poor class acts though at any school unfortunately.  

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1

9 minutes ago, Huff said:

I hope that all is okay with her and that she just decided that it was time to go.    If they wanted an interim Athletic Director they could always contact RV, couldn't they ???

eU0z7pd.gif

We'll send you his resume.  Have you seen our shiny new stadium? You guys want one of those right?  

6 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

eU0z7pd.gif

We'll send you his resume.  Have you seen our shiny new stadium? You guys want one of those right?  

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I have a good fundraising director recommendation as well.   Don't expect her to call you though.  You'll have to call her.

but you guys seem so happy with RV!  Don't want to take away your happiness!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I read the two links below. There is food for thought there...like maybe the new president and she had different visions. Just SWAG.

http://www.goutsa.com/news/2017/8/24/athletics-a-letter-from-lynn-august-24.aspx

http://www.goutsa.com/news/2017/9/7/athletics-hickey-steps-down-as-athletic-director.aspx