Shout out to Coach Littrell

Harry

Thanks to Littrell for publicly acknowledging the importance of the SMU game for our program and our fans, alumni and students.

Coach Mac never got this and I have to ding RV as well for allowing that to happen under his watch although I do believe RV understood the importance of it.

Now I hope we will see a similar stance in the game against UTSA.  For far too long we have been ignored and told after losing these games that they were no different than any other. 

There was a similar position taken with UTA in basketball and I hope that will change as well.

GMG!

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

Thanks to Littrell for publicly acknowledging the importance of the SMU game for our program and our fans, alumni and students.

Coach Mac never got this and I have to ding RV as well for allowing that to happen under his watch although I do believe RV understood the importance of it.

Now I hope we will see a similar stance in the game against UTSA.  For far too long we have been ignored and told after losing these games that they were no different than any other. 

There was a similar position taken with UTA in basketball and I hope that will change as well.

GMG!

I agree. I noticed this during his presser and during his radio show. Kudos to him. 

Now with UTA basketball, nah. 

• Lovely Take 2

1 hour ago, Harry said:

GMG!

But then we would never have gotten Dunham's SMU game rant.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Haha 1

I've basically learned the following path pretty well defines Texas' FBS football's totem pole:

Texas State hates UTSA, who hates us, who hates SMU, who hates TCU, who hates Baylor, who hates Texas Tech, who hates Texas A&M, who hates Texas...basically everyone hates Texas, A&M, and Tech, but its where this ends...

Any coach you hire should recognize this fairly easily...

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Harry said:

GMG!

So true...It's always been a problem of perception.    SMU is always going to be quick to dismiss UNT as not up their level.....I assure you, if UNT beats SMU, at home, suddenly this game will become VERY important to SMU from now on....

Is everyone doing their part to attend this game?  We have 6 in our group...

• Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, Aldo said:

Meh, we don't bring the TCU crowds or other P5 they've been hustling in there.

Winning this game helps us more than it hurts SMU.

How many more people does TCU bring? I find it hard to believe they bring more than us. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2017 at 4:08 PM, untjim1995 said:

Texas State hates UTSA, who hates us, who hates SMU, who hates TCU, who hates Baylor, who hates Texas Tech, who hates Texas A&M, who hates Texas...basically everyone hates Texas, A&M, and Tech, but its where this ends...

That's actually really good and really accurate. 

• Lovely Take 1