DRC: Five things UNT fans should know about SMU

Brett Vito

10 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I am worn out with Vito quoting the series record when a majority of the games were played from 1922-1942.  The series picked up again for games in 74, 76, 77, 79, 80, 81, 82, 84, and 89.  Since the 1990's, which signal our end to D1AA and SMU's return from the Death Penalty, SMU leads the series 4-3.

I agree. I don't know what is up with him. He truly think he semi enjoys dragging UNT through the mud. He has his parking pass now, I don't know what his deal is now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I think much of this was cut and pasted from former DRC articles. Yawn. Nothing to see here.

31 minutes ago, ttunt1970 said:

All the games played in 1920's -1940's SMU was under scholarship limits of 120 total (major college)l we were fielding teams with scholarships in 60's(small college), but Brett 

wouldn't research that

I'd like to see an actual story on that.

• Upvote 1

5 things UNT already knows about SMU...

1. Popped collars on a brightly colored Easter egg shirts, with khaki shorts 4 inches above the knee caps.

2. Daddy bought BMWs/Mercedes, they won't use their blinkers, California stops always, "Do you know who my father is?!" When they get pulled over by campus police.

3. Their biggest diss against UNT is the ol' "make sure you serve my fries hot" fast food jokes. (Me personally, I know many NT alumni that are CEOs/CFOs of successful companies) but whatever..

4. They think that TCU is their biggest rival. They think TCU gets together at their bible studies and rants on about how they can't wait to beat those gosh darn SMU boys and that's the win that matters.. 

5. They are a little over 40 something miles away from Denton. Yet they bring 700 fans to our stadium. We truck many buses of green to Ford, yet they can't gather up a respectable visitor section in Apogee..

18 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I am worn out with Vito quoting the series record when a majority of the games were played from 1922-1942.  The series picked up again for games in 74, 76, 77, 79, 80, 81, 82, 84, and 89.  Since the 1990's, which signal our end to D1AA and SMU's return from the Death Penalty, SMU leads the series 4-3.

Amen, he loves beating a dead horse on several other topics as well. DRC had to send him to a rehabilitation center to get over his obsession  of HOD MVP winner Derek Thompson.

I really enjoy reading the majority of BV's articles but some of them make me want to beat my head against a hard surface. Much like most of his tweets. God Bless You Though Vito

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

5 things UNT already knows about SMU...

1. Popped collars on a brightly colored Easter egg shirts, with khaki shorts 4 inches above the knee caps.

2. Daddy bought BMWs/Mercedes, they won't use their blinkers, California stops always, "Do you know who my father is?!" When they get pulled over by campus police.

3. Their biggest diss against UNT is the ol' "make sure you serve my fries hot" fast food jokes. (Me personally, I know many NT alumni that are CEOs/CFOs of successful companies) but whatever..

4. They think that TCU is their biggest rival. They think TCU gets together at their bible studies and rants on about how they can't wait to beat those gosh darn SMU boys and that's the win that matters.. 

5. They are a little over 40 something miles away from Denton. Yet they bring 700 fans to our stadium. We truck many buses of green to Ford, yet they can't gather up a respectable visitor section in Apogee..

Along with #3 are the classic "Cash Beats Trash" signs.  Those guys have class.