Official SMU Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

How similar are our offensive/defensive schemes?

Off the top of my head, I can think of scenario where - when the teams knew each other inside-out - things just got sloppy and no fun to watch.  It's really hard for the players to make plays because the opposition can anticipate your every move.

I know they run a similar offense(Or did with Davis as QB) as Clemson, kind of a power spread, although that may have switched with Hicks being more of a pure passer.

Defensively, they run a 4-2-5, so similar to ours, but I think they're a little more straight up with blitzes. With 4 down lineman and only 2 backers it's a bit different in how you send your pressures.

1-0, rouge point on a missed FG in OT

7 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

What killed us last year was the mobil QB and of course the big wide out. I don't believe they are solid at QB?

UNT 33

SMU 26

The mobile QB that had a season ending injury early?

3 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

I know they run a similar offense(Or did with Davis as QB) as Clemson, kind of a power spread, although that may have switched with Hicks being more of a pure passer.

Defensively, they run a 4-2-5, so similar to ours, but I think they're a little more straight up with blitzes. With 4 down lineman and only 2 backers it's a bit different in how you send your pressures.

4- 2.5 -4.5 where the .5 is the STAR linebacker. "Get you a man who can do both."

Gonna add that I expect this to be a dog fight and not an easy win but I have to pick with my stupid SMOO heart and go with the horsies winning.

Edited by malonish
Dumb typer
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

52-48 Mean Green. Mason Fine is about to emerge from the ashes with the burning power of ten thousand suns. I don't see our defense playing well against SMU, which is nothing other than a compliment to the talent Chad Morris is putting on the field. But I want to be proven wrong. If this team wants the W as badly as us fans do, we're gonna go and get that fat dub. 

Gonna be in section 104 with my dad yelling my ass off. 

Edited by llaacy
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

5 hours ago, malonish said:

4- 2.5 -4.5 where the .5 is the STAR linebacker. "Get you a man who can do both."

I think what you're describing is the position that Urlacher made famous while at UNM under FRanchione.  His was called the "Lobo" position, but it goes by different names depending on the school's mascot/branding...

A hybrid safety/LB athlete that is big and fast enough for both.

EDIT: upon further consideration, I recommend you call your's "My Pony".  That's intimidating for you BLVD folk, right?

QKr8ddCoqiZvLFDpt79VTkWMe0vJRz01bHNLvvwX

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, llaacy said:

52-48 Mean Green. Mason Fine is about to emerge from the ashes with the burning power of ten thousand suns. I don't see our defense playing well against SMU, which is nothing other than a compliment to the talent Chad Morris is putting on the field. But I want to be proven wrong. If this team wants the W as badly as us fans do, we're gonna go and get that fat dub. 

Gonna be in section 104 with my dad yelling my ass off. 

Definitely expecting a high scoring shootout.

8 hours ago, malonish said:

Joke's on you. It's very intimidating. Twilight Sparkle is the princess of friendship and has her own castle...

I mean... I've never heard of it...

Thank you for being a good SMU fan.  I think you may be the only one, but...

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2

I have a bad feeling about our defense being able to stop the smoo offense.  I think it will come down to whether or not our offense can score.  In order to win, I expect us to have to score in the 40's.  Not sure that we are there yet.

What I want to happen:  42-38 Mean Green

What I am afraid will happen:  38-24 bad guys.

I just feel like the defense will need to have a great game if we want to win.  Maybe a couple of picks, or even a pick 6 will help.  smoo is pretty balanced.  

Go Mean Green!!

• Sad 1

I so badly want a win at Ford Stadium this saturday.   This game seems like a tossup for the most part..  But, SMU has 2 distinct advantages on Saturday:

1) Courtland Sutton

2) Home field advantage

I think our guys will give it everything they have and make a game of it.  But, I saw enough of Sutton last year to know he is something special.

38-27 SMU  :(

P.S.-If Wilson goes wild on saturday, this could be a nail biter at the end.

Edited by akriesman
  • Sad 1