Official SMU Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

Well, here we are 1-0.  Woo-hoo!

We whipped a team that hadn't practiced in a week, their hometown underwater, and minds elsewhere.  We beat them badly, as-expected.  I was concerned when I looked out in the middle of the 4th quarter and saw much of the defensive starters out on the field.  That means the UNT defense still had a lot to work on in Littrell's/Reffett's minds.

Unfortunately, SMU whipped SFA in much the same way.  And SFA was likely ready to play football that day.

Now, these two teams square off in Dallas.  I expect the defense for each squad to challenge the other's offense much more than last weekend.  

Gonna need to get those cramps under control.  Littrell kept pumping up the strength/conditioning & nutrition programs... they failed a few players this past weekend, or the players were not following their regimen as-directed.  Either way, going to need to do better there.

All that said...  

UNT: 27
SMU: 38

I'll be at Ford cheering on the Mean Green to prove me wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4
  • Downvote 1

I don't think we're there yet:

SMU -- Thirty-something points, three layered popped collars, and a prescription for Valtrex after mistakenly paying for a date with a credit card. 

UNT -- Twenty-something points, an honest living, and some sweet, sweet virus free lovin' with a willing partner in a green dress and cowboy boots. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Like @MGNation92 said, we'll need to be + in the TO margin. We can't let them box us to death. By that I mean, we can't let them establish a balanced rhythm on us to get us on skates. If they do that early, they will do it often and we will be reeling. The game plan, whatever it ends up being, has to be taking away run or pass. They are going to get theirs, but we need to funnel what "theirs" is into what we want it to be. IF we can do that early, then WE will be able to do it often. The first quarter of this game will be telling. If close at half, the first 5 minutes of the 3rd will be just as important. My personal opinion would be to play a soft press and run blitz the hell outta this OL. They will need to get home and if we consistently apply pressure to their OL, we will. The soft press will limit the cheap throws/cheap yards while our DL/LB are getting at it. 

My head says SMUg wins. Something along the lines of 38-24 kind of game. 

But SMUg have proven themselves to be paper tigers quite often, and games are played for a reason. So I'm going to go with...38-34 UNT. 

• Upvote 4

The Mean Green will pull off a victory!

North Texas   31

SMUt              28

SMUt's reaction is as follows:

GreenVomit.gif.5002ab197ae4faccb03a2bbc9869312f.gif

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

If we can run the ball like we did last week and control the clock while mixing in a Solid passing game we will win this thing. Controlling Sutton is going to be a big part of this game. Dudes a game changer and is going to get his regardless but if we can control him and not let him loose we will be good.

UNT- 38

SMU-  34

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

UNT 31

SMU - 27

They needed a lot last year to win 34-21. We threw 3 first half interceptions and they had a 3rd and 90000 touchdown pass. I don't think either of those happen this time. Our QBs last year also had zero college starts. With a year under his belt and some solid starts, I think Fine has what it takes to keep it close and ultimately pull it away. He doesn't turnover the ball much and our secondary is more experienced. GMG

• Upvote 4