SMU fans looking past UNT to Arky State?

Harry

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Not really looking past us.  They even mention in this thread that the game against UNT could be tough as well.  Just a thread brought up because of last night's Arky State performance against Nebraska. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

Honestly, SMU is a huge game for us and for them.. they have a tough conference slate and haven't been to a bowl...

A win for us has I think gives the fan base a big breath of fresh air and should lead to hopefully more fans for UAB. 

I don't wanna say it's a must win, but we do need a W and I think it just helps us even more in recruiting as well.

• Upvote 1

I don't know whether or not they are looking past us, but...

...after Arky State-Nebraska, they better damn well realize that the transfer the Wolfpack (or Red Wolves or whatever Wolf name they call themselves because we can't say Indians anymore) got from OU can f*cking put the ball where it needs to be...consistently.  And, they better put in some extra film time trying to figure him out.

They've already got game film on (and, game experience against) Mason Fine.  There's no secret to him.   Arky State and their  QB are new to them.  If they feel like they got a handle on what Fine and our OC are doing, of course they're going to cheat ahead.

1 hour ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

I don't know whether or not they are looking past us, but...

...after Arky State-Nebraska, they better damn well realize that the transfer the Wolfpack (or Red Wolves or whatever Wolf name they call themselves because we can't say Indians anymore) got from OU can f*cking put the ball where it needs to be...consistently.  And, they better put in some extra film time trying to figure him out.

They've already got game film on (and, game experience against) Mason Fine.  There's no secret to him.   Arky State and their  QB are new to them.  If they feel like they got a handle on what Fine and our OC are doing, of course they're going to cheat ahead.

Since Hansen started 10 games last year I'd be really surprised if they didn't look at film over the summer, most coaches are easily able to get game film of opponents in advance through the buddy network.