Tailgate Pack Up

Snowy

Hi,

Anyone have any insight as to the rule change this year? I left midway through the fourth quarter to get a start on packing up my tailgating gear. I drive up on the hill and am met by a police officer who says I have to leave and I can't pack up (even though I'm already on the hill). Clearly when you look around all other groups have been able to pack up and leave, so I ask why all the fraternities and sororities have been able to pack up and was met with a response of "you can't be up here". 

Any response appreciated. I wasn't able to drive up to get my stuff until 10 minutes after the game ended. If you want to encourage tailgating and a fun game atmosphere then reasonable rules need to be made to allow people to pack up and leave. This was not an issue last year. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2

I think they pick up on the side parking lot off 35? Not 100% sure

Probably the same people who decided that those who park at fouts are prohibited from going south bound on both North Texas Blvd and Bonnie Brae. Spent 15 minutes driving in circles trying to get on the highway. Genius. Word to the wise, putting a detour sign after the detour side street doesn't count.

But hey, we won, so woohoo!

Edited by the green rokemi
  • Lovely Take 1

7 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Hmm.  Noting about this on the tailgating webpage.  

http://www.meangreensports.com/gameday/tailgating.html

Thanks. I'll have to call UNT PD/Denton PD and the Athletic Department to complain   Drop off rules for game day was no vehicles on the hill after 2pm and before end of game. Because groups around us had already left clearly they were able to drive up on the hill before game end. Additionally there were no pedestrians and it only takes about 4 minutes to pack up the gear into the car. Yet even though I was already on the hill already to pack up I was forced to turn around.