Thank You

MeanGreenHoops

The "boing boing pass" has to stay. It was great.

I have to give props to the athletic department. They have forced all the students into a couple of sections, at first I though that was a bad idea, but it has created what the Super Pit hasn't had in a long time.

A packed, rowdy section. That section is close enough so that things like the "boing boing pass" chant can work, imagine trying to do that if the students where spread out all over the pit.

Yeah, i think having a student section is great...but we still feel like we are placed so far away from the game.

They need to at the very least move us one more section over. you know, the section that only has about 5 people in it.

I hope this will be worked on for next year...

But, the boing boing whoo cheer is great... it would easily get on my nerves if i was on the other team... LETS KEEP IT GOING!

Great showing by the students that attended the game, but to say that the student attendence of about 500 is great out of a school the size of UNT is dismal.

We can't go from nothing to 10,000 overnight, it takes time. The student turnout for last night's game was easily 3x larger than it's been at any game this year.

I really liked the pom-pom idea. I don't know whose idea that was, I know it was us (Talons) who passed them out but I don't know if they came from the athletic department or what. I think it really helped show off the green and white more. Seems like not a lot of people were wearing Mean Green shirts. At New Orleans Bowl I couldn't really see the UNT section that well but looking across at Memphis, it was an insane sea of blue and white pom-poms. I think it would be awesome if we could get a little more colorful at the basketball games.

I really liked the pom-pom idea.  I don't know whose idea that was, I know it was us (Talons) who passed them out but I don't know if they came from the athletic department or what.  I think it really helped show off the green and white more.  Seems like not a lot of people were wearing Mean Green shirts.  At New Orleans Bowl I couldn't really see the UNT section that well but looking across at Memphis, it was an insane sea of blue and white pom-poms.  I think it would be awesome if we could get a little more <font color="green">colorful</font> at the basketball games.

I think ushers and other SuperPit event staff passed out the pom poms for the NMSU game, so it is probably the AD doing the pom poms. I agree that there are not enough people wearing green and that is a good idea of having some kind of promotion for people who wear green. Maybe instead of a free hot dog they can just have a drawing for some kind of prize for people who wear green. Just something to get people into a habit of wearing the school colors would be great.

sad.gif Im new to the Message Board but i have already seen some bad stuff talked about in the student section, some people dont like the fact that we really support our team and cheer them on as much as we can. I dont know what message board it was on or who did it but it upsets me that we have people going to the game and not supporting our team like they should unsure.gif

sad.gif Im new to the Message Board but i have already seen some bad stuff talked about in the student section, some people dont like the fact that we really support  our team and cheer them on as much as we can. I dont know what message board it was on or who did it but it upsets me that we have people going to the game and not supporting our team like they should  unsure.gif

Ray-Ray...son...I am sorry, but it is a cruel world out there and not everyone is going to get as hyped as others. So, what you need to do is....get SOOOO F-ING ROWDY that they have no other choice to participate. Keep that mantality, grasshopper, nad it will take you far.

GMG!!!

We can't go from nothing to 10,000 overnight, it takes time.  The student turnout for last night's game was easily 3x larger than it's been at any game this year.

Because the students are back at school and around campus. You have to get students talking about going to the games and how cool and fun they are to be it. Stay in dorm vs. go to SuperPit? blink.gif

students were on campus for the first month of the season and they no showed....why cant we just be excited that maybe for once...people are loving some basketball and not just football...

I am proud of what happened last nite....i know the people on the court...from the team to the media were chatting about the turnout while we were down there filming for TV....

So, being a student myself, I am proud of my "classmates"...It can only get bigger from here....and it will...i promise...i know a core group of 20 or 25 that are salivating to get the word out to all the dorms all the students....its gonna happen....

See ya at the pit....

Holla