OFFICIAL LAMAR VS. UNT GAME THREAD

Harry

It's nice to confidently outclass an FCS squad. This game will be some really helpful reps.

- Our line still needs some work handling pressure.

- Mason looks less panicky, still taking shots delivering the ball

- That deep ball to guyton was damn near perfect

- Mike Lawrence is going to be our Cole Beasley/Wes Welker

29 minutes ago, TheFranchise said:

I know it's FCS Lamar, but we're doing exactly what we should to them.

FCS schools seem to be getting tougher every year. JMU beat East Carolina 34-14 and beat SMU last year. Southestern Louisiana is down a 42-35 to LaLa but at their 22 late in the third. Coastal Carolina is beating UMass in their first game of FBS ball. LaTech just took the lead on Northwestern State 31-24 with a minute left in the third. Missouri State put up 43 on Missou. Pitt needed overtime to beat Youngstown State. Oregon State squeezed by Portland State 35-32. 

I know none of these are not powerhouse programs but Pitt is no slouch and Missou is in the SEC. Most that are struggling are G5s or low P5s but these close games between FCS and FBS seem to be happening more and more...

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

FCS schools seem to be getting tougher every year. JMU beat East Carolina 34-14 and beat SMU last year. Southestern Louisiana is down a 42-35 to LaLa but at their 22 late in the third. Coastal Carolina is beating UMass in their first game of FBS ball. LaTech just took the lead on Northwestern State 31-24 with a minute left in the third. Missouri State put up 43 on Missou. Pitt needed overtime to beat Youngstown State. Oregon State squeezed by Portland State 35-32. 

I know none of these are not powerhouse programs but Pitt is no slouch and Missou is in the SEC. Most that are struggling are G5s or low P5s but these close games between FCS and FBS seem to be happening more and more...

I think a lot of these schools are benefiting from the transfer rules

2 minutes ago, Ibleedgreen said:

Why do the KNTU guys keep saying "from Leer Field?"

Learfield communications is now handling the broadcast 

35 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I think a lot of these schools are benefiting from the transfer rules

Learfield communications is now handling the broadcast 

Did Learfield drop the cash to have the field named after them?  I don't think so, lr if they did, that was the quietest donation in history.

• Lovely Take 1