Crowd?

UNTLifer

Brought my 75 year old dad, son, and a nephew.  We all had a great time.  But...

...yeah, the attendance was less than I thought it would be.  If we are blown out back-to-back against SMU and Iowa, it's hard to imagine selling UAB beyond the hard core base.

Surely, tonight's crowd had to be an eye-opener for the new AD and assistant.

1 hour ago, Salsa_Verde said:

People started leaving mid 3rd quarter. No one was really excited to see Lamar in my opinion. 

I know the fisherman is not supposed to have compassion for the bait, but I got no joy from whipping their behinds. My thoughts all week have been sympathetic to their plight because I've been through a major hurricane myself many years ago. Otherwise, I think I would have been more energized and excited to see Lamar. I agree that I didn't hear much conversation specifically about Lamar while tailgating.

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

There are always excuses at North Texas. Crowd was decent I thought...but it took a while for the main crowd to get to their seats. Yep, we commented to each other about people leaving at the half and the flood gates opened beginning of 4th. Made it easy for me to head back to the house...no traffic for me...red lot. WB and the gang gotta along way to go.......win!

Edited by RBP79
Wrong quarter
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Brought my 75 year old dad, son, and a nephew.  We all had a great time.  But...

...yeah, the attendance was less than I thought it would be.  If we are blown out back-to-back against SMU and Iowa, it's hard to imagine selling UAB beyond the hard core base.

Surely, tonight's crowd had to be an eye-opener for the new AD and assistant.

Yes it's worrisome, but for the student section that was a good impressive win, even if they were still giving crap to Lamar, from the sideline I told some guy to shut his mouth because he kept giving crap to 1 player.. 

The question is, what does the alumni side do???

Excellent crowd in the Club level I thought. Better than last year. More came out to their seats, but still...way too many stay inside for good portions or all of the game. Their choice, of course, but sure wish they would come outside and make some noise.  Saw lots of "new" folks trying out their seats.  Their were at least 8 newbies in my section alone that I noticed.  

Thought crowd was OK for Lamar, but work to do.  That "work" starts at SMU next Saturday!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

Take care of business on the field. If this team beats SMU, the UAB crowd will be up from last night.  

This was a holiday weekend against a FCS opponent.  For the people who casually follow North Texas this was an expected outcome...nothing to signal that things are different in Denton.  Getting people to buy into #NewDenton will require sustained success.  Also, keep in mind, Denton residents don't even turn out for their high school teams.  I watched a ranked Ryan team play a ranked Lancaster team on Friday night and the place was half (or less) full. 

Nobody (outside of that locker room) expects a win in Iowa so the average fan won't look down on us for dropping that one...but SMU is the barometer.   NOBODY in DFW thinks of SMU as a "bodybag game" or as a "quality opponent."  We won't get the benefit of the doubt for dropping that one.  It will be "same ol' North Texas, they can't even beat SMU"

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1