Full Size Helmet

AustinFromUNT

5 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Where can I buy a full size helmet. By that I mean, a helmet that I could actually wear. Also, are we allowed to wear helmets into Apogee?

I am near certain that I've seen people wearing helmets in Apogee, and I think that there are some full sized helmets available in the stadium store, but I'm not sure. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I am near certain that I've seen people wearing helmets in Apogee, and I think that there are some full sized helmets available in the stadium store, but I'm not sure. 

The full size helmets in the stadium store are not wearable...unless maybe if they had some customization to them.  They don't have all the padding and there is a plastic plate that runs across the inside of them.  (I have one on display at the office.)  There is printing inside stating they are for display only. 

1 hour ago, TreeFiddy said:

Are there used helmets sold at the university surplus thingy?

I've been to the surplus several times and never seen them there, nor have I seen them posted on the surplus' website.

@AustinFromUNT, I have seen at least one used one on eBay before.  If it says Replica, it's not made to wear.  You might ask the Athletic Department.  My guess is that you'll pay a pretty penny. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad

13 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Where can I buy a full size helmet. By that I mean, a helmet that I could actually wear. Also, are we allowed to wear helmets into Apogee?

This one is claimed to be an authentic helmet (rather than a replica).  It's of the flying worm variety. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252920353872

Good luck getting a game worn helmet from the equipment manager.  They turn those in to either be refurbished or as credit.  We bought 90's last helmet ('14 HoD Bowl) for a cool $350. It was the green one he wore all year with the black wrap on it.