Which team are you most disgusted to lose to?

casual fan

Which team are you most disgusted to lose to?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Of the teams we play every year, which team are you most disgusted to lose to?

• Louisiana Tech
    • Rice
    • Southern Miss
    • UAB
    • UTSA
    • UTEP
    • SMU

For me, it's not about the schools themselves.  Its the attitude of the fans on a general basis. 

• As everyone already knows, most SMU fans are smug and still living in the past, (when they cheated to be good).  They may always be #1 for me.
  • UTSA fans are generally obnoxious, even without any real history or growing pains.   #2 and rapidly climbing,

The rest I see just as normal opponents.

• I have a bit of a soft spot for UAB, considering big brother Alabama tried to shut them down out of fear.
  • Most Tech fans online seem pretty cool and educated about the game.    Besides, they hate ULL and ULM, not us.
  • Southern Miss got shafted when the AAC was formed.    I can see why they would be a little upset to still be in CUSA.
  • Its hard to dislike Rice much.   They were beaten down for so many years in the SWC, that the fans seem to have fragile egos just like we do :)

Edited by akriesman

For this year, losing to Lamar or UAB is just flat out embarrassing. 

Overall, losing to SMU or Rice doesn't irk me like it does to lose to UTSA or UTEP. They have the SWC and private money to keep them higher than us with recruits. UTEP and UTSA don't. They have bigger cities with little collegiate competition in their area.

But losing to UTSA hurts because they literally had no issues with setting up their program and have really taken advantage of their resources. It's a constant reminder of the lack of care our university has had with the program here, as well as the mistakes we made that UTSA has used to their advantage. It's a miserable reality that each loss to them provides to those of us who have followed the program for over 25 years.

• Lovely Take 1

To all. I am disgusted when we lose (badly like we do) to anyone within the confines of CUSA and/or on our peer level. I am even more disgusted when we lose badly to 3-win teams. I can stomach the notion of being beaten by a good team. I can handle losing by a couple TD's to a 8-10 win team. 

Don't get skull _ _ _ _ _ _ by the University of Nobody (<----Half of CUSA falls into this category IMO). As a fan of any program, that is all one can ask for. 

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

To all. I am disgusted when we lose (badly like we do) to anyone within the confines of CUSA and/or on our peer level. I am even more disgusted when we lose badly to 3-win teams. I can stomach the notion of being beaten by a good team. I can handle losing by a couple TD's to a 8-10 win team. 

Don't get skull _ _ _ _ _ _ by the University of Nobody (<----Half of CUSA falls into this category IMO). As a fan of any program, that is all one can ask for. 

You've been disgusted A LOT then...

If the question had been, who do I hate to lose to the most, it would have been SMU.

If the question of disgust had been aimed solely at this season, it would likely have been UAB, very closely followed by UTEP, simply because the current versions of those teams should have no buisness beating UNT.

But if it is for the long term disgust (as in it is bad to lose to this team), then it is UTSA.

Everything  about UTSA is embarrassing from their start in a shopping center as a community college to having no tradition in football to being a subsection of UT.  

UNT beating UTSA is expected and somewhat embarrassing that it is even a worry.

Losing to them is just disgusting