Is the big flag pole up?

Hunter Green

13 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

I am guessing they have to go through more red tape to get things like this done but testing the soil???? Testing it for what, OIL?? lol

This is coming from a General Studies degree so take your -1 votes some place else LOLOLOL

I think the last thing we want to to put up our fancy new flag pole just to have it blow over at the first gust of wind.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

This should've been well taken care of when or before the idea was given the green light to happen...Months ago. Always frickin something. 

3 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

I think the last thing we want to to put up our fancy new flag pole just to have it blow over at the first gust of wind.

This information should've been predetermined and finalized. We're less than 5 days to gameday and they're just figuring this out. PPPPPPP = Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 5

Lot's of speculation resulting in complaints in this thread.   Not saying I have insight to the situation, but I believe the facts are that the flag pole isn't up yet and we aren't to the date it was scheduled yet.   Oh, and somebody saw some pole on the Fouts side of the highway that may or may not be related.

• Downvote 3

12 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Lot's of speculation resulting in complaints in this thread.   Not saying I have insight to the situation, but I believe the facts are that the flag pole isn't up yet and we aren't to the date it was scheduled yet.   Oh, and somebody saw some pole on the Fouts side of the highway that may or may not be related.

AD sent out memo 30-45 minutes ago. Flag was scheduled to be up before Sep 2. Now set to be up before Sep 23. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

AD sent out memo 30-45 minutes ago. Flag was scheduled to be up before Sep 2. Now set to be up before Sep 23. 

No idea why you're getting down votes for the facts...

While its disappointing that another project is delayed (Soccer/Track) and now this... Let us just hope that this a red-tape issues that will not become the normal. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

Just now, trud1966 said:

Rain causes delays in construction.   It's unfortunate.  But we'll live. 

Agreed, it's a lot better getting the reasons why something is delayed/not happening than us being left in the dark.. also, it being done in a timely manner by game 2 is important.. 

gives everyone another reason to come back for UAB, and then at worst Englishs return vs UTSA

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Aldo said:

While part of me is saying "ffs it's a flag pole" the other part of me is like "hooray we are only complaining about flag poles today". 

Record day for sure! Hard to do all that PP'ng stuff when God makes it rain and pushes back your construction schedule.

And, won't give it away, but you are going to like the "special giveaway" on that day. Sweeeet! 👍

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

For those who care, I drove past that 35/35W intersection today and saw some folks working on getting the flag pole up. It’s damn huge. 

Shoot, I drove past there maybe 20 minutes ago and didn't take a peek. I'll try to check it out on my way back.

*Legit Post*

Drove past Apogee just a few minutes ago and saw a flag pole that I don't remember seeing before. It's fairly close to the digital advertising "Apogee Stadium" sign/marquee that lines I-35E. Somehow I thought it'd be bigger but I also don't remember how tall they said it was going to be.

Edit: I'd say it's roughly in the middle of this view: https://www.google.com/maps/@33.2076164,-97.1604527,3a,75y,236.56h,101.21t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sbPW8kHhTsvXXW1uae96dug!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Edit2: Was supposed to be 120-feet tall (maybe it is? I'm terrible with perceiving numbers) and between the marquee and the black lot (closest to I-35E frontage road). I drove past it pretty quickly but if I remember correctly it's on the other side of the marquee from that described location.

Edited by dmaxel
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dmaxel said:

*Legit Post*

Drove past Apogee just a few minutes ago and saw a flag pole that I don't remember seeing before. It's fairly close to the digital advertising "Apogee Stadium" sign/marquee that lines I-35E. Somehow I thought it'd be bigger but I also don't remember how tall they said it was going to be.

Edit: I'd say it's roughly in the middle of this view: https://www.google.com/maps/@33.2076164,-97.1604527,3a,75y,236.56h,101.21t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sbPW8kHhTsvXXW1uae96dug!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Edit2: Was supposed to be 120-feet tall (maybe it is? I'm terrible with perceiving numbers) and between the marquee and the black lot (closest to I-35E frontage road). I drove past it pretty quickly but if I remember correctly it's on the other side of the marquee from that described location.

Well, I looked at the view carefully.  Is this a case of "micro-flagpole"?

28 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Well, I looked at the view carefully.  Is this a case of "micro-flagpole"?

The flagpole isn't actually shown in that link -- that's an old street view picture from Google and I didn't want to take my own picture while driving. I just supplied it to show approximately where it is, even if not shown.

8 minutes ago, dmaxel said:

The flagpole isn't actually shown in that link -- that's an old street view picture from Google and I didn't want to take my own picture while driving. I just supplied it to show approximately where it is, even if not shown.

Got it! Thanks.