Facebook will live stream over a dozen college football games this year

meangreen15

https://techcrunch.com/2017/08/23/facebook-will-live-stream-over-a-dozen-college-football-games-this-year/

"Facebook wants you to watch more video on its site – including those you can’t see elsewhere. To that end, the social network earlier this month launched a dedicated section for original video, called Watch. Now that’s being expanded with the addition of live-streamed college football games, broadcast in partnership with sports network Stadium.

The deal will bring 15 live college football games to Facebook, including nine Conference USA games and six Mountain West games.

These games will be exclusively broadcast on Facebook, the company says, and will be available on the Stadium: Live College Football Show Page to users worldwide, as well as on Watch for U.S. users.

Unlike games aired on traditional television, the games broadcast on Facebook will take advantage of the digital platform to introduce a number of interactive elements as part of the viewing experience. For example, they will include a live, curated chat from football personalities alongside the on-air presentation. Plus, a social team and other correspondents will work to engage the at-home audience in conversation."

UNT vs LA Tech on November 4th will be 1 of the 9 CUSA games shown on the platform.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty cool in my opinion.  ESPN had it's day in the sun.  I am ready to have more competition for these games.  It will bring more innovation and different perspectives.  It will also help C-USA land more lucrative deals.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Pretty cool in my opinion.  ESPN had it's day in the sun.  I am ready to have more competition for these games.  It will bring more innovation and different perspectives.  It will also help C-USA land more lucrative deals.

ESPN needs to innovate. What FB is doing is the next evolution in online streaming. I wouldn't be surprised if Netflix and Amazon start picking up streaming sports contracts if they think it will help grow their subscriber base.

I gotta figure out how to cast twitter and facebook to my phone now.  I bought a cheapo Walmart "smart" tv over the summer, but its apps are captive.  I have an old Roku 1 that I can plug into and definitely cast youtube, but not sure about twitter and facebook.  

They're (twitter and facebook) gonna need to make it easy to put on a big screen and fast.