Benefits Of Mean Green Club

ntexeagle

Let mewill start by saying I live in Colorado

A couple of weeks ago I made a trip to the DFW area for a wedding.  While I was in the area I made my usual run to the UNT Souvenir store located at Apogee. 

While I was in the store I heard talk of season tickets so I stepped to the counter and explained," I live out of state so season tickets are not a good investment for me but what are the benefits of joining  the Mean Green Club?" 

The nice young lady could tell me no benefits that were not related to season tickets.  Nothing, zip, nada.   She didn't even say, "You would help fund UNT scholarships and support athletics."  So, I put my credit card away and left.

If we do not even have people that can give answers to "what are the benefits", I may have found our problem with our lagging numbers.

I will still join, but I will wait a bit.  I am stunned.

Edited by ntexeagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, ntexeagle said:

A couple of weeks ago I made a trip to the DFW area for a wedding.  While I was in the area I made my usual run to the UNT Souvenir store located at Apogee. 

While I was in the store I heard talk of season tickets so I stepped to the counter and explained," I live out of state so season tickets are not a good investment for me but what are the benefits of joining  the Mean Green Club?" 

The nice young lady could tell me no benefits that were not related to season tickets.  Nothing, zip, nada.   She didn't even say, "You would help fund UNT scholarships and support athletics."  So, I put my credit card away and left.

If we do not even have people that can give answers to "what are the benefits", I may have found our problem with our lagging numbers.

You make an excellent point. I hope someone from the AD reads your post and uses it to teach the staff. Not berate, harangue, throw a tantrum...just use it as a tool to expand the thinking away from the "script".

• Upvote 3

For future reference @ntexeagle:

BenefitsChartRevised2.pdf

Also, keep in mind who you were talking to.  Was this a Barnes & Noble employee?  A ticket salesperson?   Doubtful it was someone with the Mean Green Club.  It still would have been good if they either knew the answer or got someone that could have answered the question. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ntexeagle said:

I've been asking this for a long time now. Really hoping Wren will put together a package for people who aren't able to make the games, but still want to give. 

I imagine this could unlock a whole new stream of revenue and be a great way to get people on the fence to donate.

2 hours ago, ntexeagle said:

Not to make excuses but they have recently just hired a bunch of new employees throughout all of the AD offices.. 

I know it may hurt but if you still have an idea or thought to donate, try calling the MGC and I'm sure they will have someone who will walk you through everything. Also, the MGC office is just on the other side of gate 2 from ticket/clothing shop if you were at Apogee.

I am a supporter of port Adelaide football club in australia...love the sport of footy. I pay less than 100 a year for a club pack(sticker, voting option, lanyard, online streaming of games, etc.) 

I do not live iaustralia...nor am I really connected...juat enjoy the sport and I chose the team to adopt. 

we need to offer something like this for out otowners...it costs very little ,but keeps people involved in their school 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

And just like that the man responds.

IMG_0255.PNG

I f'ing love that Capper got copied in on this.  (What's twitter language for using @somebody'sname?  It's not tagging. It's _________)

Speaking of shitty customer service, it's three and a half years, and I STILL haven't forgotten your little twitter shitstorm about DT and how much you pissed on the fans over that, Capper.  

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I f'ing love that Capper got copied in on this.  (What's twitter language for using @somebody'sname?  It's not tagging. It's _________)

Speaking of shitty customer service, it's three and a half years, and I STILL haven't forgotten your little twitter shitstorm about DT and how much you pissed on the fans over that, Capper.  

Us kids call it atting haha. But it is nice to see that he actually responds to stuff like this on twitter. I doubt many other G5 ADs are this active/sincere.

So you are complaining that a minimum wage employee of Barnes & Noble can't explain to you the benefits of the Mean Green Club, a product they don't even sell?

Weak.

Do you have a smart phone? Did you think of Googling "Mean Green Club benefits"? 

And you are STILL going to join the Mean Green Club, but you are going to wait a little while as punishment? Lol. 

I bet you $100 that the minimum wage Barnes & Noble checkout girls at Alabama or Ohio State can't tell you the benefits of joining their booster club either. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 5

8 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

So you are complaining that a minimum wage employee of Barnes & Noble can't explain to you the benefits of the Mean Green Club, a product they don't even sell?

Weak.

Do you have a smart phone? Did you think of Googling "Mean Green Club benefits"? 

And you are STILL going to join the Mean Green Club, but you are going to wait a little while as punishment? Lol. 

I bet you $100 that the minimum wage Barnes & Noble checkout girls at Alabama or Ohio State can't tell you the benefits of joining their booster club either. 

I get what you're saying, but is your reply not merely a continuation of "It's entirely the fans' responsibility to find out their own damn information and be proactive in joining the mean green club/buying tickets/being a good fan," that drove thousands of people away in recent years? 

At the very least, the AD should, as a result of this, give B&N employees a reference card for whom a person should call if they've got these kinds of questions in the future. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Weak.

It's not just the "Barnes & Noble" employee. Too  many people on this site make excuses for things that could be better.

I went up to the Mean Green mania thing (for Mean Green Club members) at the beginning of August to picket up my season tickets. While I was in the team store I decided to ask a specific ticket office employee, and one who I worked with last year because they were supposedly a manager of some type (when they messed something up last year), because I wanted to get more info than from the random "Barnes & Noble employee".

I asked this person about basketball season tickets. I was told they were not on sale yet because they were still doing renewals. I asked when they would be on sale or when the renewal period ended. I was told they did not know yet.

I don't remember exactly now but either in that season ticket packet, or maybe later that week when I received printed info in the mail, it gave these exact dates. So the decision had been made at least a few weeks prior for it to be printed and mailed, and that information had not been passed on.

Things can be better.

Edited by MeanGreenHoops
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Weak.

Ok Mr. Zen,

I was standing in front of a young lady that was promoting and selling season tickets. It was my thought that if she knew enough to enlighten others on the attributes of buying season tickets, perhaps she would know enough to tell me about the Mean Green Club. If she works there regularly, I would think she would would know the location of the Mean Green Club office. 

I suppose I am not nearly as brilliant as you.  I did not think of using my cell phone to look up the benefits of joining the club.  My error  perhaps I was preoccupied with "a life event" later that evening.  Yes, I'm still going to join the MeanGreen Club and my intent was not to punish at all  

Now, instead of betting me the $100, why don't you take that money and donate it to the Mean Green Club because you are probably not a member, either.

Thanks for the attack  

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Weak.

You don't work with the public do you?  Or a service industry? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, eagle73 said:

Ok Mr. Zen,

I was standing in front of a young lady that was promoting and selling season tickets. It was my thought that if she knew enough to enlighten others on the attributes of buying season tickets, perhaps she would know enough to tell me about the Mean Green Club. If she works there regularly, I would think she would would know the location of the Mean Green Club office. 

I suppose I am not nearly as brilliant as you.  I did not think of using my cell phone to look up the benefits of joining the club.  My error  perhaps I was preoccupied with "a life event" later that evening.  Yes, I'm still going to join the MeanGreen Club and my intent was not to punish at all  

Now, instead of betting me the $100, why don't you take that money and donate it to the Mean Green Club because you are probably not a member, either.

Thanks for the attack  

Ryan Peck is wanting to reach out to you on a personal basis to clear the air. That is promising, and I am sure he can give you answers you were requesting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

I agree with the frustration here. She should at least be trained enough that if she doesn't know the answer she finds you someone who does, even if she's a bookstore employee. It should not be this hard to give them your money. I would imagine, from what I know of the guy's history, that Ryan Peck will feel the same way. This was a dropped ball. It should not be the customer's responsibility to find out the benefits if he's standing in the store asking questions. That's on them.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 1

On 8/22/2017 at 11:24 PM, AustinFromUNT said:

And just like that the man responds.

IMG_0255.PNG

Just going to say, thank you @AustinFromUNT for contacting WB and the staff about this.. Contacting the AD Office is the only way to get things to change and for issues to be fixed...

Not to bash/attack/ or be a smart-remark to anyone but if you find a flaw or error contact the AD Office to get it fixed, most people in the AD office likely have no idea about this site so issues such as this will never be fixed and more people in the future will have issues in the future. Everyone here wants to see UNT improve and directing worries/problems to the staff will only see things improve...

• Upvote 1