32 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

No, wrong again. You piped in when I made the statement about Barry drawing a line in the sand with Syria and backing down. You got butthurt but still haven't pointed out where I was wrong. In fact, idiosyncrasies and all, I was 100% correct.

Actually you didn't mention Barry until after my initial post Beta Man-Child.  "Butthurt"..... lol.

30 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Really? You an analyst for the NSA? 👍👍👍.   I had no idea. Or, is it just a hobby that you see making you an expert on the nation that not even our national security analysts can figure out? I'll stand by the "none of us are experts on North Korea" comment.

Doesn't Mean you are not 100% correct in your opinion. But, why call out others for their as educated guess as your's? And, why turn it into a "hey, let me bash Trump" while I am at it detail? 

You ruin some excellent discussion points with all the other "stuff".  That's all. Was a good discussion...until.

Again you bring nothing to the table.  Once upon a time Kram....  I applied for 7 major intelligence agencies in that a portion of what I did for the Navy was actual intelligence-related.  Studying foreign weapons platforms was an obsession and one that I got sent to a school in Dam Neck VA to hone in on that.  Your opinion on NK is as valid as the next guy's but if someone is more informed that you on the matter then maybe you should step aside and learn a thing or two.  When 36% of the country can point at NK on a f'in map I have to be skeptical of what the next average Joe's "opinion" is on the matter.  I am not saying I am 100% correct but I won't stand down when I see morons throwing shit on a wall and hoping something sticks.

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Love it when an Admin calls people out and is a dick about.  Kind of lose your credibility when trying to enforce the board rules, but that is just my opinion.

Spare me.  Show me where I have toned down the room?  If anything I feel a lot of the people on this board are soft and can't take a jab.  Either way... I am hardly the "admin" going around trying to tidy up one's behavior

7 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Actually you didn't mention Barry until after my initial post Beta Man-Child.  "Butthurt"..... lol.

Again you bring nothing to the table.  Once upon a time Kram....  I applied for 7 major intelligence agencies in that a portion of what I did for the Navy was actual intelligence-related.  Studying foreign weapons platforms was an obsession and one that I got sent to a school in Dam Neck VA to hone in on.  Your opinion on NK is as valid as the next guy's but if someone is more informed that you on the matter then maybe you should step aside and learn a thing or two.  When 36% of the country can point at NK on a f'in map I have to be skeptical of what the next average Joe's "opinion" is on the matter.  I am not saying I am 100% correct but I won't stand down when I see morons throwing shit on a wall and hoping something sticks.

No problem with you stating your opinion...you have, however, been out of the Navy a good while, right? Like me saying I am an expert on Soviet Union/Russia nuclear missile systems because I was in the Air Force as a nuclear missile launch officer and privy to top secret briefings on the Ruskies each week.  I understand, and have no problem at all with your opinions on NK. But, where I do draw the line is when you call out someone else's opinion and then start spewing anti-Trump stuff.  Thus, derailing a decent thread.  That's all. Do hope you can see the point. You lose credibility when you start name calling and Trump-bashing.

And, don't think I stated an opinion on NK, but do sort of agree with your opinion by the way...that isn't the issue.

Far as I am concerned, you can be our North Korean "expert" while Cerebus takes the role of Ukrainian expert.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Again you bring nothing to the table.  Once upon a time Kram....  I applied for 7 major intelligence agencies in that a portion of what I did for the Navy was actual intelligence-related.  Studying foreign weapons platforms was an obsession and one that I got sent to a school in Dam Neck VA to hone in on that.  Your opinion on NK is as valid as the next guy's but if someone is more informed that you on the matter then maybe you should step aside and learn a thing or two.  When 36% of the country can point at NK on a f'in map I have to be skeptical of what the next average Joe's "opinion" is on the matter.  I am not saying I am 100% correct but I won't stand down when I see morons throwing shit on a wall and hoping something sticks.

So to summarize this entire thread, you are an asshole. 

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

51 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Spare me.  Show me where I have toned down the room?  If anything I feel a lot of the people on this board are soft and can't take a jab.  Either way... I am hardly the "admin" going around trying to tidy up one's behavior

You wear the title, you accept the company line.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Back to the original question, yes, I support Trump's commemt.  A couple of previous administrations provided money for nuclear weapons enhancements to terrorist nations and nkw we are, or will be soon, dealing with the consequences.  Some countries you just can't talk sense in to like our previous POTUS thought.  Fire at Guam, where are military has a large outpost and see what happens.

On 8/10/2017 at 9:04 AM, GreenMachine said:

So to summarize this entire thread, you are an asshole. 

Don't you sell insurance for a living or some such? Next time I want your uneducated opinion on something geo-political and obviously outside of your expertise... I'll let you know. You're right I am an asshole but at least I'm not a fake ass know it all.

I'll be stepping away from this thread and every other political thread within this forum.

1 hour ago, All About UNT said:

Don't you sell insurance for a living or some such? Next time I want your uneducated opinion on something geo-political and obviously outside of your expertise... I'll let you know. You're right I am an asshole but at least I'm not a fake ass know it all.

I'll be stepping away from this thread and every other political thread within this forum.

Your mad because I asked you to point out where I was wrong in stating that Barry drew a line in the sand and that Barry recanted his line. That is not being a fake know it all, it's being correct.

Actually I am in finance but whether it's finance or insurance, you are an asshole.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Rudy said:

No, Kim's people are just like him. He has their ultimate "yes men".

I don't think they are just like him, but they are afraid to not go along with his antics.  The decision is the equivalent of a life or death decision and they all choose to live.

On 8/9/2017 at 5:07 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

Many are bashing President Trump for his comments about North Korea. How many of these same people would go crazy if, God forbid this nut in N.K. fired a missile at the U.S. for doing nothing to stop them.

P.S. - A couple of things about their missile program -

1) it didn't just start up when Trump was elected. Why did the other nations let it get this far?

2) I would love to see who is really behind the rapid growth in technology. My guess, China

Iran is the one who gave them the technology and assistance.. Iran also gives NK billions as well. 

The reason nothing has been done about the Missile Program is because the world has always done sanctions then walked it back and repeat.. Clinton said they would never have Nukes, Bush likely said it (just haven't seen video proof) and Obama it was just about the same.. Its typical GOVT kick the can down the road and hope it doesn't happen when you're in control.

On 8/9/2017 at 2:49 PM, All About UNT said:

Yeah you're right he did walk back. He walked back from engaging Assad's Syrian Arab Army which is allied with Russia who controls your buddy Donnie. I would love to pick your brain about the idiosyncrasies of the conflict in Syria but I have a feeling you don't have a whole lot to offer on the subject

How do they control Trump?? He bombed the shit out of a Syrian air field, Trump wants to increase production of American Energy which will hurt Russia, and increase the size of the American Military again, something that isn't pro-Putin.. 

get off this crap of Trump is a puppet of Putin.. the narrative has been proven wrong again and again without any tangible evidence in over a year.. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On 8/10/2017 at 8:39 AM, All About UNT said:

Congrats on applying, did you get in? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Obama was wrong to draw the line.  He was right to back down when circumstances changed, making it a mistake to engage the Syrians directly.  I'm glad we had  president able to sacrifice his ego rather than American interest & lives. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/14/world/asia/north-korea-missiles-ukraine-factory.html?mcubz=1

the current upswing in North Korean missile technology advancement can be tied directly to Ukrainian factories, though the materials themselves were likely acquired off the black market. the Russian government likely had nothing to do with it...unless maybe you wanna play 6 degrees of nuclear holocaust separation.

to put Iran's name in the mixer, as if there is some massive global anti-american, multi-national conspiracy is just ridiculous.  

On 8/15/2017 at 5:59 AM, Rudy said:

No, of course not.

wanna run down the number of Mall Cop/Brinks Security/Meter Maid gigs you had until someone trusted your reactionary ass with an actual position of authority? 

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

Spoke with actual Chinese person Saturday whose daughter has played on our daughters soccer team for five seasons.  He doesn't think China will allow North Korea to do anything; will step in to prevent.

That's what I've always thought, inasmuch as America is a huge market ("hugest?") for Chinese goods.  Chinese gov'ment loves communism, but they also love them some money - and, love it to the extent that they won't allow Psychopath, Jr. to nuke anyone.

My sense is, based on the comments by North Korean higher ups who have recently managed to escape with their families, that Psychopath, Jr. will be done in from within before he has the opportunity to go full psycho on the world. 

As far as Trump. the only positive thing I can say about his "handling" (no president has ever really "handled" North Korea, outside of Eisenhower) of North Korea is that he, at minimum, isn't giving into their bullsh*t demands though the testicle-deprived U.N. or other past negotiating bodies/teams who simply handed Psychopath, Sr. and Jr. billions of dollars in exchange for false promises of not developing nuclear weapons.

In that regard, kudos to Trump.  I write this fully understanding that there are thousands upon thousands of academics and politicos around the world who still believe that the best way to handle a tyrant is to shower him or her with billions of American taxpayer dollars in exchange for empty promises to not act like a tyrant.