Any word on beer prices this year?

oldguystudent

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Regardless, not spending that much for one beer. 

The very first time I saw pricing structure for UNT football tickets, before I was even a student here, I thought that having to donate $250 BEFORE paying for your ticket was the most ridiculous thing ever, because I could just go down to the corner watering hole and watch multiple games for free.  

1 minute ago, oldguystudent said:

I have no shame and would absolutely be down for something like that. 

I mean, we can drink the good stuff in the parking lot. After the 4th-5th one does it really matter what it taste like? Maybe Leave Keystone out of it but PBR and Lonestar? Those are American Icons

Just now, Withers940 said:

I mean, we can drink the good stuff in the parking lot. After the 4th-5th one does it really matter what it taste like? Maybe Leave Keystone out of it but PBR and Lonestar? Those are American Icons

PBR and Lonestar are my go to bar tab beers mostly anywhere I go.  I might have one or two good beers to start, but then I'm gonna slum it with the American Lager.  They are both still hipster enough to be viable alternatives for stadium sales, though I suppose some faction would make argument that a lower cost beer would encourage heavier drinking in the stadium.  My rebuttal to this is that I have seriously observed LESS tailgate drinking since they opened beer sales inside the stadium. (I generally don't drink at all during the first three games of the year, so just sit silently and watch others) 

1 minute ago, Withers940 said:

I would also be okay with Rolling Rock. Best cheap beer out there right now IMO. You can get a 30 pack for 20 bucks most places, and it tastes like halfway decent beer

• Lovely Take 1

4 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I would also be okay with Rolling Rock. Best cheap beer out there right now IMO. You can get a 30 pack for 20 bucks most places, and it tastes like halfway decent beer

I used to LOVE Rolling Rock, and once upon a time it was a premium beer that cost more than bud/miller/coors.  

Then Anheuser bought them. moved the brewery from Latrobe, PA to St. Louis, MO, and I swear it just doesn't taste the same anymore. 

9 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

I used to LOVE Rolling Rock, and once upon a time it was a premium beer that cost more than bud/miller/coors.  

Then Anheuser bought them. moved the brewery from Latrobe, PA to St. Louis, MO, and I swear it just doesn't taste the same anymore. 

I was unaware that they had been bought out.  I also used to really  like Rolling Rock and remember when it was considered premium.  Hate to hear this news as I am not a fan of much that comes out of the Bud brewery.

12 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

We used to complain about no beer, now it is the price.  I doubt you are going find cheaper beer at many sporting events or for that manner any form of live entertainment venue.  

Not complaining.  Just curious.  I only really worry about the important things, like the style of the piping on this year's road jerseys. 

Didn't mean to derail the thread.  I find beer prices at any sporting event ridiculous including many eating establishments.  In the long run, it really doesn't make that big of a difference to me as I just don't drink that much at sporting events any more.  For those that don't care and want to drop $6 for a beer, have at it.