2017 Player Adoption Thread

I'll Adopt Mr.Ice-In-His-Veins #37 Brandon Garner, he did pretty well last season and is a standout currently during practices. 

IMG_6013.JPG

8 hours ago, meangreen15 said:

Cade Pearson

My friend was one of Pearson's OLinemen up at Texas High School, he knows Cade's power and talent well and he even commentated on his throwing and what not at the spring game, it makes me really hopeful that Pearson will bring something super special to the team.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2

I think I might rethink my adoption (or I'll just take twins 😉) 

#66 Brendon Weatherspoon, I know his older brother and I followed up on his recruitment and commitment to UNT on Twitter this past year. According to his brother he won't be playing this season, but from seeing his highlight tapes and his determination I can see him becoming a favorite in the near future. 

IMG_6014.JPG

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, agubriz23 said:

I think I might rethink my adoption (or I'll just take twins 😉) 

#66 Brendon Weatherspoon, I know his older brother and I followed up on his recruitment and commitment to UNT on Twitter this past year. According to his brother he won't be playing this season, but from seeing his highlight tapes and his determination I can see him becoming a favorite in the near future. 

IMG_6014.JPG

Yep recovering from a torn ACL.. good to let him get a year in the weight room and learn behind the older guys.. he will have to fight for a spot with the # of kids we are bringing in

• Upvote 2

Give me record-setting senior Kicker, Trevor Moore.  Will battle Jeffery Wilson for scoring leader.  Has hit UNT record 99 consecutive PATs; currently, that's the fourth best streak in the nation as well. 

Currently, 2nd in career PATs with 99.  Leader is Nick Bazaldua with 121.
Currently, 3rd in career FGs with 33.  Leader is Keith Chapman with 49; second is Bazaldua with 42.  Can probably catch Bazaldua.  If he catches up to Chapman, we're having problems converting in the Red Zone.
Currently, 1st in career FG Made Percentage with 75%.  If he can keep it up he'll stay ahead of Jeff Graham and Garrett Courtney, both at 74.3% for their respective careers; Richard DeFelice at 72%; and Denis Hopovac at 71.4%

Currently 5th in career scoring with 198 points.  Ahead of him:  #1 - Lance Dunbar, 294; #2 - Nick Bazaldua, 247 (can probably catch up to this); #3 - Keith Chapman, 233; #4 - Patrick Cobbs, 228.

25_Trevor-MooreDN-4WEB-680x365_c.jpg

http://americansportsnet.com/conference-usa/north-texas-mean-green/unts-trevor-moore-kicking-his-way-into-record-books

Edited by MeanGreenMailbox
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

12733184.jpeg

Give me big bad Creightrain Barr!

Come on guys lots of worthy players up for adoption.  We only have a couple weeks left to adopt them all.  Please help us find these players a home.  If you are uncertain about picking one or making the commitment, we can send you some game clips and HUDL videos and recruiting profiles which enable you to get to know a player so we can better match you up and you can feel comfortable.

Here is the roster:

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ntex-m-footbl-mtt.html

On 8/9/2017 at 1:37 PM, MeanGreenMailbox said:

Give me record-setting senior Kicker, Trevor Moore.  Will battle Jeffery Wilson for scoring leader.  Has hit UNT record 99 consecutive PATs; currently, that's the fourth best streak in the nation as well. 

Currently, 2nd in career PATs with 99.  Leader is Nick Bazaldua with 121.
Currently, 3rd in career FGs with 33.  Leader is Keith Chapman with 49; second is Bazaldua with 42.  Can probably catch Bazaldua.  If he catches up to Chapman, we're having problems converting in the Red Zone.
Currently, 1st in career FG Made Percentage with 75%.  If he can keep it up he'll stay ahead of Jeff Graham and Garrett Courtney, both at 74.3% for their respective careers; Richard DeFelice at 72%; and Denis Hopovac at 71.4%

Currently 5th in career scoring with 198 points.  Ahead of him:  #1 - Lance Dunbar, 294; #2 - Nick Bazaldua, 247 (can probably catch up to this); #3 - Keith Chapman, 233; #4 - Patrick Cobbs, 228.

25_Trevor-MooreDN-4WEB-680x365_c.jpg

http://americansportsnet.com/conference-usa/north-texas-mean-green/unts-trevor-moore-kicking-his-way-into-record-books

Damnit, you can't just steal my historical adopted player out from under me.

29 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

9 days in before its not considered kidnapping lol. 8/31

Are you trying to say @Christopher Walker is like the mom surfing facebook on her phone at the park, oblivious to her kid walking over to the stranger's van to help him find his lost Pokemon cards?
At least he didn't leave Mr. Moore at the fire station.