2017 Player Adoption Thread

It's that time of the year again.  Fall practice has begun.   All players have reported, and are getting ready for the season.

For those of you unfamiliar with the player adoption tradition, here on GoMeanGreen.com, any poster who wants to participate will 'adopt' a player on the roster to follow throughout the year.   Only one player per poster, and one poster per player.  We don't do co-parenting.  So pick your guy quick!
If your boy has a nice game, come on the board, give us the stats/plays, and let us know how proud you are.  
If he has a bad game, you'll have to defend him against the guys ripping him on here like any good parent would.

Here's the roster:
Roster

The only rule?
Players who were 'adopted' last year still belong to the same poster, unless that poster is a bad parent & abandons their boy at the fire station.  
To give everyone plenty of time to see this year's thread and grab their guys, we'll set the 'claim by' date at 8/31.
Once 8/31 rolls around and the previously-adopted player still isn't claimed, he's all yours. 
For example: If  @MGNation92 does not claim S Kishawn McClain before midnight on 8/31, He's up for grabs.  Otherwise, he's off-limits for you new guys.

Hopefully we have a better turnout than last year's 2 page thread.  There are 105 guys to choose from!

Here's last year's thread to see who is already adopted:

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/114788-2016-unt-fb-player-adoption-thread

So without further ado...  I'll kick this thing off by re-adopting:

Rico Bussey Jr.
12017540.jpeg

Mr. Bussey is going to be healthy this year, and hopefully by the end of the season put some nice games/numbers together.  
I'm going to fearlessly predict a line of:  48 catches / 440 yds / 6 TDs.

Rico.gif

rico_suave_gif.gif

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2

1 minute ago, AustinFromUNT said:

I'm going with The Bearded Bandito, The Sack-N-Save Sacker, The King of K-State Transfers. The one and only #34 Mr. Bryce English. He was rated the #30 DT out of high school by Rivals. He's going to put up 15+ sacks this season

A9A75635-1282-4211-86D4-20C4A51D5C76-261-000000075EFE7A18.jpeg

You're not the only one with high expectations for Mr. English this year.  Hope he's ready to produce!
With his role on the DL (clog middle & take on 2 OLs), I wouldn't expect too many sacks, but hope for many TFLs or tackles for little-to-no gain.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

The above picks are lacking in flare so I will do my best to make up for it.

Flashback from last year: 

image.png.0f9c8c004dd099d19f818fa5643c1469.png

Jareid made his adopted dad (ME) proud.  He has moved on to the NFL.  Now I must choose another player to adopt for the 2017 season.  It has always been difficult for me to ever go with an offensive player.  My heart is on the defensive side of the ball.  Caleb Chumley is very tempting to pick up however, my adopted son for this year will be:  

image.png.28b945439af57c61597a7ab0fe16d0f0.png

image.png.909c25a7adef00890a360d0d24abbe5c.png

2016:
• Made 12 appearances for the Mean Green as a true freshman, totaling 15 tackles (seven solo) with an interception, a half sack and a pass break-up
• Recorded two tackles at the Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl vs. Army on 12/27
• Intercepted the first pass of his career in the fourth quarter of the win on 11/19 vs. Southern Miss, also adding a tackle and the first half sack of his career
• Had one stop and broke up a pass at WKU on 11/12
• Posted four tackles vs. La Tech on 11/5
• Had two tackles at Army in the win on 10/22
• Recorded a tackle vs. Marshall on 10/8 
• Posted one tackle on 10/1 vs. MTSU
• Had one stop at Rice on 9/24 in a double OT win
• Recorded two tackles at No. 23 Florida on 9/17
• Made first career appearance in the season-opener vs. SMU on 9/3

Make your adopted dad proud Khairi!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 3

17 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

image.png.909c25a7adef00890a360d0d24abbe5c.png

Expecting Khairi to step right into his spot replacing a pretty good player in James Gray.  Glad he has Kishawn on the other side to glean from.

EDIT:    Also, you're correct about the lack of flare.   Original post edited.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

12754012.jpeg

Big Poppa is sticking with his adopted sack machine  (and destroyer of QBs) Josh Wheeler. Worked out well last year. 

C-USA All-Conference honorable mention selection
• Made 42 (26 solo) tackles, was the team-leader in sacks (five-and-a-half), posted seven-and-a-half tackles for loss, forced two fumbles and broke up two passes in 12 appearances, six of which were starts

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2

I will once again pick Tillman Johnson.

12733303.jpeg

Tillman exploded onto the scene his freshman year, setting the freshman records for sacks in a single game and in a season.  Considering his promise, he's been a little quiet the past two years.

But now he has HAIR!  With those flowing locks, he is sure to fly into backfields.  Put him down for 10 sacks, and put me down for a proud papa.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 4

Jarrian Roberts has moved on, so I will take another player who will be gone after this season.  

12017595.jpeg

Calvin Minor will have a huge senior year!  Take that for flare. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Sad 1