Advice for an incoming student?

llaacy

11 hours ago, llaacy said:

This is... not how I imagined this post's response to be. Hahahaha

In all seriousness though, thank you to all who replied with advice and suggestions! I'm on twitter @largekfcbucket if you want to meet up at a tailgate or game. I appreciate the response this garnered, for real. Excited for the future at UNT. 

Fun Little Side Note: The nicknames for our #2 rival (UTSA) are: nUTSAck & UTKFC.

To answer the questions and get back on topic.

1.  Support North Texas and be proud of your school.  All other schools you followed as a child,  your parents told you to like, etc... come in a distant second.

2.  Only wear North Texas clothing, hats, hoodies, etc... on campus, away from campus, to your wedding and to your funeral.  Burn all other.

3.  Get involved in campus life whether that is RA, Greek, Club Sports, just get involved.  It will make your experience much more fun.

4.  Attend all events possible, even non-sporting.  There are a great number of things to do.

5.  Attend all home sporting events.  Tailgate, be loud, support your team win or lose, be respectful to visitors from other teams, yell until you can't speak.

6.  College is a blast.  I miss it every day.  Be serious about your studies, but don't miss out on the fun.  You only get one shot at this, don't leave with regrets.

7.  Meet alumni at the tailgates.  They are welcoming, will feed you the best food you will have away from home, don't be afraid to  put Tony's balls in your mouth, and they become your network when  you graduate.

8.  Have fun.

9.  Change your Twitter handle.

10.  Hate all things SMUt and nUTSAck.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

1.  Support North Texas and be proud of your school.  All other schools you followed as a child,  your parents told you to like, etc... come in a distant second.

2.  Only wear North Texas clothing, hats, hoodies, etc... on campus, away from campus, to your wedding and to your funeral.  Burn all other.

3.  Get involved in campus life whether that is RA, Greek, Club Sports, just get involved.  It will make your experience much more fun.

4.  Attend all events possible, even non-sporting.  There are a great number of things to do.

5.  Attend all home sporting events.  Tailgate, be loud, support your team win or lose, be respectful to visitors from other teams, yell until you can't speak.

6.  College is a blast.  I miss it every day.  Be serious about your studies, but don't miss out on the fun.  You only get one shot at this, don't leave with regrets.

7.  Meet alumni at the tailgates.  They are welcoming, will feed you the best food you will have away from home, don't be afraid to  put Tony's balls in your mouth, and they become your network when  you graduate.

8.  Have fun.

I can get behind this list too. 

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

8.  Have fun.

#2 is way too relatable 

Hahahaha! Not a UTSA mole, I had no idea. It's an inside joke with some friends.

Don't worry, I've got my fair share of apparel. I'll be at every home football game and Rice/SMU. Gonna *try* to tail it up to Iowa but we'll have to see what the cost is. Definitely gonna be going to the basketball games too. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, llaacy said:

Hahahaha! Not a UTSA mole, I had no idea. It's an inside joke with some friends.

Don't worry, I've got my fair share of apparel. I'll be at every home football game and Rice/SMU. Gonna *try* to tail it up to Iowa but we'll have to see what the cost is. Definitely gonna be going to the basketball games too. 

Basketball games are fun to go to! Although we need to get more students to sit (well stand... we don't sit in the pit!) in the student section this season. Hopefully McCasland, Mitchell and WB can get that rolling this upcoming season. 

3 hours ago, agubriz23 said:

Basketball games are fun to go to! Although we need to get more students to sit (well stand... we don't sit in the pit!) in the student section this season. Hopefully McCasland, Mitchell and WB can get that rolling this upcoming season. 

Shhh, don't let Ryan hear you say that the students need to show up.

• Haha 1