NCAA 18 Prestige Rankings (Theoretical)

13 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

LOL at academic prestige being a C and campus lifestyle being the same as UTSA.

That is an idiotic argument (campus lifestyle) that is impossible to make. UTSA is a commuter school, first off.

Is there valdity to the source he was using? As in, are we a national ranked university? 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Is there valdity to the source he was using? As in, are we a national ranked university? 

ARWU rates us very highly. US News doesn't, because most of their ratings are based off of endowment.

Furthermore, we have memberships that UTSA would dream of.

No basis putting us on level playing fields. Especially when you compare average SAT/ACT scores for freshmen.

He has no source.

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Ryan Munthe said:

ARWU rates us very highly. US News doesn't, because most of their ratings are based off of endowment.

Furthermore, we have memberships that UTSA would dream of.

No basis putting us on level playing fields. Especially when you compare average SAT/ACT scores for freshmen.

He has no source.

I see.

Yeah, ARWU has us at 379th in their World university ranking of 2016. On par with the likes of Univ. of Tenn, Univ of Oregon, UTD, and Temple. 

Utsa is obviously not anywhere in their top 500. The only conference mates ranked ahead of us were Rice and UAB. 

Just more fuel to the we should be recruiting much better fire. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

I see.

Yeah, ARWU has us at 379th in their World university ranking of 2016. On par with the likes of Univ. of Tenn, Univ of Oregon, UTD, and Temple. 

Utsa is obviously not anywhere in their top 500. The only conference mates ranked ahead of us were Rice and UAB. 

Discrediting UNT's academics (not saying you are, I mean the sentiment) pisses me off because a tiny bit of research goes a mile.

I had scholarships ready to go for A&M, UH, and UNT. 

I picked UNT. Time for us to stop pretending that we aren't one of Texas's elite academic universities. The sentiment exists because what we excel in isn't necessarily the money-making fields.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Ryan Munthe said:

Discrediting UNT's academics (not saying you are, I mean the sentiment) pisses me off because a tiny bit of research goes a mile.

I had scholarships ready to go for A&M, UH, and UNT. 

I picked UNT. Time for us to stop pretending that we aren't one of Texas's elite academic universities. The sentiment exists because what we excel in isn't necessarily the money-making fields.

You clearly haven't seen our top 10 in the nation Logistics program. Our college of business as a whole is severely underrated and gets zero credit for some incredible programs.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

29 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

You clearly haven't seen our top 10 in the nation Logistics program. Our college of business as a whole is severely underrated and gets zero credit for some incredible programs.

I certainly don't mean that we suck at anything that results in a living wage. But I meant our claim to fame such as journalism, teaching, etc.

20 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

I see.

We're not 379th. We're 301-400, where all universities in that bracket are simply listed alphabetically. We're also in a better bracket than Oklahoma State and Texas Tech.

18 hours ago, SAGreenFan said:

The Emergency Management,  and City Management and Urban Policy programs are among the top in the country as well.

Don't forget the world famous Music Program, as well as one of the highest ranked Arts schools in the nation, and 6th best Media Arts program in the nation!

• Upvote 1

On 7/29/2017 at 3:15 PM, agubriz23 said:

Don't forget the world famous Music Program, as well as one of the highest ranked Arts schools in the nation, and 6th best Media Arts program in the nation!

I graduated from the College of Art and Design. I don't forget it. 

• Upvote 1