DRC: UNT athletic department undergoing quiet summer makeover

Brett Vito

48 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

I thought I was musing/wondering/suggesting rather than bitching. Are you one of those overly sensitive millennials that starts shouting "hater" every time someone offers a critical assessment aka critique? As someone who attended an institution of higher learning, you should have learned the difference.

Yeah, I'm a real bitcher. That's why the young man who called me from the Ticket office a month ago couldn't stay on script because he was too busy laughing at my (self deprecating) comments.

Aaannnd that's the last time I'll do any sort of explaining of myself to you.......or anyone else for that matter.

Don't hold back SilverEagle!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

3 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

I thought I was musing/wondering/suggesting rather than bitching. Are you one of those overly sensitive millennials that starts shouting "hater" every time someone offers a critical assessment aka critique? As someone who attended an institution of higher learning, you should have learned the difference.

Yeah, I'm a real bitcher. That's why the young man who called me from the Ticket office a month ago couldn't stay on script because he was too busy laughing at my (self deprecating) comments.

Aaannnd that's the last time I'll do any sort of explaining of myself to you.......or anyone else for that matter.

A millennial? What an old fart. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

What's worse is to actually BE a millennial.

I wouldn't know, but if I accused someone in their late 30s of being a millenial to rationalize myself as death slowly moved into position, I'd not feel better about it. Now please focus on fighting @Ben Gooding before a hip or knee gives out. We're on the same team!

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 5

6 minutes ago, Quoner said:

I wouldn't know, but if I accused someone in their late 30s of being a millenial to rationalize myself as death slowly moved into position, I'd not feel better about it. Now please focus on fighting @Ben Gooding before a hip or knee gives out. We're on the same team!

You and I are not on the same team, as much as you would like that. Plus, you think highly of yourself if you think my post was aimed at you, it wasn't. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 8

4 minutes ago, Quoner said:

PeopleToFocusOn.jpg

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

You and I are not on the same team, as much as you would like that. Plus, you think highly of yourself if you think my post was aimed at you, it wasn't. 

My bad. This quote feature is brand new and I'm still learning how it works. Best of luck being a stack of three children in a large suit attempting to pass as a functioning adult and hope you win all your online arguments! 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 4

19 minutes ago, Quoner said:

My bad. This quote feature is brand new and I'm still learning how it works. Best of luck being a stack of three children in a large suit attempting to pass as a functioning adult and hope you win all your online arguments! 

Don't be such a cry baby because someone doesn't find you cute or funny. You should be used to it by now.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

20 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Seems to me that if you are going to do personnel moves to improve things in the athletic department, you should do them in January thru March, not right before the biggest season for the athletic department starts.

I agree with you.  But, in this case, as I was told by a staffer who was let go last Thursday, these cuts are budgetary in nature and a result of the University pushing back on the AD's proposed budget.  This is budget planning time, and cuts are coming across the University due to cuts in Austin from this year's legislature.  Not as big of cuts as could be, but cuts none the same.  So, the timing of these cuts are the result of University mandated budget cuts.  Or so I was told by a person affected.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

He is funny(ish). And in real life, so very, very cute. 

Thanks bro that means a ton. On the flipside, the only way I'm worried about GM's opinion of me is if through a series of financial mishaps I'm crossing my fingers for that $7K construction loan approval for my new above ground pool in the cool and classy part of Frisco.

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

2 minutes ago, Quoner said:

Thanks bro that means a ton. On the flipside, the only way I'm worried about GM's opinion of me is if through a series of financial mishaps I'm crossing my fingers for that $7K construction loan approval for my new above ground pool in the cool and classy part of Frisco.

Should you risk that opportunity through your smugness? No threat, just concern.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

18 hours ago, KRAM1 said:

I agree with you.  But, in this case, as I was told by a staffer who was let go last Thursday, these cuts are budgetary in nature and a result of the University pushing back on the AD's proposed budget.  This is budget planning time, and cuts are coming across the University due to cuts in Austin from this year's legislature.  Not as big of cuts as could be, but cuts none the same.  So, the timing of these cuts are the result of University mandated budget cuts.  Or so I was told by a person affected.

Not sure who you were talking to, but I would think Baker would tell a person he's firing some kind of story like this so he can hide behind it.
"Oh, I'm so sorry to do this, but I have to let you go...  Budget cuts above me.  I'd love to keep you around, believe me, but it was out of my hands...."  When, in reality, it was due to underperforming.   Happens all the time in my field.

• Upvote 1