Can We Retire #NewDenton after this Season?

Caw Caw

After the first year does #NewDenton really make sense? I mean I can buy it for the remainder of the season, but after that I feel like we need a new marketing direction for the team. I'm open to suggestions I just think it's losing its accuracy. Some other ideas for Marketing hashtags.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

After the first year does #NewDenton really make sense? I mean I can buy it for the remainder of the season, but after that I feel like we need a new marketing direction for the team. I'm open to suggestions I just think it's losing its accuracy. Some other ideas for Marketing hashtags.

What hashtag would you change it to after the season?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

#NewDenton is fine... I get why it rubs some people the wrong way until I consider how long we have sucked and how little most people think of our university... any denton is gonna be new denton to most of the kids we are going after, even in the metroplex. If they succeed this year like I am anticipating, I think it will change to something else. let the youngins do their thing with the hash tags!

• Upvote 2

I love each and every one of you trolls.

giphy.gif

I'm not employed by the university to create their marketing at this point but a few off of the top of the suggestion box:

#HeadhUNTers

#NorthTexasCoUNTry

#GaUNTlet18

#WeFromTheNorthYeahThatWay (Popular rap reference you old folks won't get)

#KingsOfTheNorth

#uNORTHadox

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

35 minutes ago, Caw Caw said:

I'm with you. Where do I sign up. 

• Upvote 2

"New Denton" is more than just a 2 year thing. It can mean so many things. It's an evolving frame of mind. You can't change how people view UNT in only 2 years, and if players and recruits are continuing to embrace it, why would you stray from it? Keep hammering it until you get where you want be. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Nah. I think it's more associated with our losing culture at UNT than the city of Denton itself. 

So then #NewUNT?

Unlike #HTownTakeover which makes sense...taking over the city, #NewDenton makes no sense. 

Edited by Ryan Munthe
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7