UNT Updated 2017 Depth Chart as of 6.15.17 (Ourlads')

Harry

7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I see Tyler Wilson.  Either there is a chance he returns, or this is not accurate.

Think that ship has sailed,at least for this season

• Upvote 1

Wow!  Is this a tough crowd?  

I believe that the Tyler Wilson situation has been answered but there have been too many additions to give any kind of definitive answer to a depth chart at this particular time.  I thought that Rylie Reinhardt had given notice that he would not be returning by the 6-15 date but maybe not.  

If I had to venture a guess on the left guard spot it would be T J Henson backed up by Sosaia Mose but those are my thoughts only.  

Now as to why there are only ten positions listed, I firmly believe that you will see multiple sets at the unlisted position.  There could be a tight end, a second running back or a fourth receiver depending on the situation.  Personally, I would have gone with the tight end position and listed Kendal Smith backed up by Caleb Chumley.

But guys, none of this is carved in stone.  Fall practice hasn't opened yet and some of the contenders have yet to participate in an official practice.  We are not privy to knowing something that the staff hasn't even determined yet.  So, just accept this interim depth chart for what it is...the possible starters and backups at that particular point in time.  There will likely be position movements and players that will move up due to performance before the season starts.  But, I'm betting that we will know who's starting by 5:30 on September 2.

• Upvote 1

What has happened  to #34 Elijah McIntyre?

He started one of our biggest wins  last year against Southern Miss (on short notice) and seemed to perform well.

Now, I don't see him on any two deep.

Did he have a bad spring? Is he injured? In the doghouse?

15 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

He started one of our biggest wins  last year against Southern Miss (on short notice) and seemed to perform well.

He's on the roster

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/elijah_mcintyre_1023933.html

25 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

Think his PT in fall was indicitive of others poor choices and consequences, combined with a lack of depth.  He played well though.

• Upvote 2

2 deep rosters at this point don't mean a lot. I remember going into my senior year in HS. I was never the best player, but always a starter. We show up for 2-a-days (yes, they beat the hell out of us back then) and I was 3rd on the coaches board!?!?!?  I freaked but it was just a place holder for that period. I suspect it is the same now until they start practice in a couple weeks

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2017 at 4:55 PM, UNT86 said:

I can only tell you that according to Phil Steele he is listed third behind Jalen Guyton and O'Keeron Rutherford.  He played in three games with two catches last year so he did ok when he had the chance.  But who knows what will happen in a few weeks?  It could be that he'll advance over Rutherford or it could be that someone else gets moved to his position who is having a better fall.  

Time will tell but I do believe that he'll get a chance to prove himself.  I have a tough time, however, believing that he can surpass Guyton.

On 7/20/2017 at 4:55 PM, UNT86 said:

Remember, this is a 2 deep and not the roster.

3 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

Right.  But apparently he was on the two deep as late as the Southern Miss game last year, but not now.

I just hope it is because we are much better at his position and not because he did anything to be in the doghouse. 

It has everything to do with he was a walk on in two deep because we ran off I can't even remember how many WR.  Good kid, works hard, just not as good as the scholarship kids they've got.