Cam Echols-Luper Grad Transfer

3 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Ok, yet another example of proving nothing good happens after 2am.

I will assume he has glaucoma and any supposed mj use was strictly medicinal.  Interesting that a "shake" was found in the car.  Further investigation may be required to determine if it was caused by the munchies.

With his speed, and the fact he only has a year to play, I would vote for bringing him in for a year and reevaluate his status next year.

• Upvote 1

If he is transferring then I would assume Littrell and staff have fully investigated everything.  I must say I am surprised at the number of posters that are indifferent to the use of an illegal drug.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

If he is transferring then I would assume Littrell and staff have fully investigated everything.  I must say I am surprised at the number of posters that are indifferent to the use of an illegal drug.

Exactly. Why can't he just underage drink like the rest of the kids in college that are taking an illegal drug?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

20 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Im hoping you mean surprised by not wanting him? Makes little sense otherwise.

On 7/8/2017 at 2:14 AM, UNTLifer said:

14 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

Exactly. Why can't he just underage drink like the rest of the kids in college that are taking an illegal drug?

The voters of Arkansas seem to think it shouldn't be an illegal drug, provided you have a doctor's recommendation.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

The voters of Arkansas seem to think it shouldn't be an illegal drug, provided you have a doctor's recommendation.

I know and morphine is also available with a doctor's prescription.  That doesn't make either legal for recreational use.

Can we get back to the topic of the kid/player... 

He has messed up yes, and again while its illegal things that he has done or taken it shouldn't overshadow him completely. He is a talented kid, but a knucklehead.

Offer him as a PWO, if he takes it great but if not no biggy. We offered the WR from AZState a PWO for him to play 1 year and he passed it on to go to UH. This WR corp isn't overflowing with talent, but its not bare either... The likes of Rico, Guyton, Smiley will carry the WRs with the likes of Lawerence, Griffin, Khan, Durhon, White, Darden. Factor in the TEs in Chumley and Smith and it will be a nice group of kids. I'm sure I overlooked some other kids at WR and TE as well. 

CEL would likely just be a return man for us, and while we needed one last year and still do need one its not worth burning a scholarship for a 1 year guy. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Why does everyone assume this player would take a walk on offer?  If he is good enough he will be offered a ship somewhere.  

No ones assuming, just what I'd be comfortable with, given his issues and he'd count against our 25 this year, that's probably closer to 20 or less with Blue Shirts we brought in. 

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

If it's weed, it's just weed. I can't imagine the % of CFB players that smoke weed. Not even going to try and speculate the amount, but if he's good enough and smoking weed is the only demon in his closet, he rates a scholarship. Of course, if he's good enough. 

Let's bring him in to race Hair-Griffin. He wins, he gets a scholly. He loses, better luck next time.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Why does everyone assume this player would take a walk on offer?  If he is good enough he will be offered a ship somewhere.  

Agreeing with what @GMG24 said that its just what are comfortable with and what has been offered to other Grad-Transfers that have had interest in UNT... The track record of him hurts, but what also hurts is that he is a 1 and done just like Morris and Hood.... 

With him counting against the 25 Scholarships to next years class that is what makes think we would offer him as a PWO. If he passes on it and goes to someone else that is fine. It saves one scholarship to next years class which has lost 4-5 scholarships. If he passes and goes else where in TX that is fine with me, just means 1 more talented kid will be available.