When will we get a new uni announcement?

agubriz23

5 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Players have tweeted about the uniforms, and even the freshman were tweeting about them before they ever got to campus

Oh yeah? Like what? That they're getting new uniforms? Tweets would've already been super imposed by someome on here had they been revealed to the players. And IF they have, which they haven't, and a reveal video wasn't created to smear all over social media it would be another dropping of the ball. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

Yup. This fan base does have a bunch of knuckle draggers that fall into the ploys of the AD at the snap of a finger, so no surprise. 

There are all these great and marvelous things going on that no one knows about...While we struggle with recruiting. And Summer going into a season is big time for recruiting. The AD should be doing absolute all things to generate any kind of spark whatsoever. If it's on an orchestrated timeline, great. But the timeline seems dumb. Uniforms for example, we are in the prime days of season ticket selling. Releasing the uniforms catches the attention of the fan base. That attention can carry over to other avenues. But, here, we sit on them for just 'reasons' or as WB put it to build "anticipation." Well, hopefully these don't fall flat like our mega series with, uh, Houston. 

Two friend's having a conversation.

Friend "A": Are you getting season tickets to North Texas football this year?

Friend "B": Maybe.  I am waiting to see what the new uniforms looks like.

Fried "A": What does that have to do with our team?

Friend  "B": Nothing, but if we don't change,   then I am done."

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Two friend's having a conversation.

Friend "A": Are you getting season tickets to North Texas football this year?

Friend "B": Maybe.  I am waiting to see what the new uniforms looks like.

Fried "A": What does that have to do with our team?

Friend  "B": Nothing, but if we don't change,   then I am done."

Or..

Recruit "A" -  I just got an offer from Texas State. I'm pretty excited. 

Recruit "B" - That's cool, man. I got offered by them too. But North Texas just offered me and have you seen that new uniform reveal they had. They were sick. 

Recruit "A" - No, I haven't. I need to check it out. I hope I get offered. 

Then recruiting builds up after we land some quality guys in mid to late July and we're sitting pretty and then fans start to take notice and start literally buying in. 

Or be like Lifer, and defend holding onto uniforms during a prime recruiting period on the basis of nothing. 

1 minute ago, Ben Gooding said:

Or be like Lifer, and defend holding onto uniforms during a prime recruiting period on the basis of nothing. 

Do we even know if UNT is in possession of their new uniforms yet?   Kinda hard to have a super-awesome, hype video if you don't have the actual uniforms yet.  
As for the production quality of the videos/graphics coming out of the AD lately, I'll bet that when the video comes out, it will be awesome.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

The players have seen the uniforms, and likely recruits.... Is them showing off new uniforms going to make anyone here buy extra tickets, honest question???

Hmmm, someone working with the AD posted this.  Sounds like the players and recruits have seen them.

5 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I am not defending holding on to uniforms.  I stated new uniforms will not drive ticket sales.

8 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Why do you keep mentioning uniform design to argue about the benefits of releasing strategic plans?

If you would read back through this thread, Ben Gooding makes the assumption that new uniforms will get the fan base excited and drive tickets sales.  Oh, and I guess it was my bad, but I thought this thread was about new uniforms.

On 8/7/2017 at 10:52 PM, TheReal_jayD said:

NIKE VAPOR UNTOUCHABLES. I'll save ya the research. The Uniforms are top notch and top quality. and will have several color schemes and combos.

Well looky there.  Earlier in the thread someone with connections to the team let this slide.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Hmmm, someone working with the AD posted this.  Sounds like the players and recruits have seen them.

I am not defending holding on to uniforms.  I stated new uniforms will not drive ticket sales.

If you would read back through this thread, Ben Gooding makes the assumption that new uniforms will get the fan base excited and drive tickets sales.  Oh, and I guess it was my bad, but I thought this thread was about new uniforms.

Well looky there.  Earlier in the thread someone with connections to the team let this slide.

You're nickel and diming pieces of posts. 

I said it COULD drive ticket sales, but more importantly it could drive recruiting momentum...Which I have mentioned several times. I think I said something along the lines of it's better to have them out to so that it may drive ticket sales or other avenues rather than holding onto them while people fill their weekend schedules for the Fall. You're in defense of the AD for being in the defense of the AD. 

And just because we know the make of the jersey means nothing. We the fans (and recruits AND the team) need to know the style, color patterns, visual aesthetics, etc. 

23 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

In two and a half weeks it will be too late to impact season ticket sales, which despite a 4 win improvement from 2015 to 2016, are more or less flat.    

People are not going to buy tickets, just because a new uniform... 

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

Oh yeah? Like what? That they're getting new uniforms? Tweets would've already been super imposed by someome on here had they been revealed to the players. And IF they have, which they haven't, and a reveal video wasn't created to smear all over social media it would be another dropping of the ball. 

Connor Howard tweeted about the new unis months ago when we were told they would have new uniforms... 

• Downvote 1

I'm not talking about uniforms, the only reason I said anything is because a poster brought up the lack of news on a strategic plan.  Getting a new vision out sooner would for sure impact season ticket sales.  

7 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

You're nickel and diming pieces of posts. 

I said it COULD drive ticket sales, but more importantly it could drive recruiting momentum...Which I have mentioned several times. I think I said something along the lines of it's better to have them out to so that it may drive ticket sales or other avenues rather than holding onto them while people fill their weekend schedules for the Fall. You're in defense of the AD for being in the defense of the AD. 

And just because we know the make of the jersey means nothing. We the fans (and recruits AND the team) need to know the style, color patterns, visual aesthetics, etc. 

I am answering posts that question me.  Instead of quoting an entire post, I quoted the parts that were pertinent to what was in question.

Look at the post directly above your's that I have quoted.  You state that releasing the uniforms catches the attention of the fan base.  You may need to know the style, color patterns, visual aesthetics, make, drape, etc... but I will watch us whether we have new uniforms or the same ones from last year.  Again, I ask, where is there concrete evidence that new uniforms drives ticket sales?  The majority of our fan base doesn't have any idea new uniforms are coming and will miss any announcement given because they aren't following anything on twitter, on gmg.com, etc...

• Downvote 1

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

Exactly that they have seen the designs and have seen them... 

Find a tweet of one of the 100+ players on the team expressing how cool or ugly the new uniforms are after actually physically seeing them and holding them.. I'll wait. 

And if WB let the team see them sitting in boxes in a corner of the locker room...His vision of what could be is minuscule. 

4 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I'm not talking about uniforms, the only reason I said anything is because a poster brought up the lack of news on a strategic plan.  Getting a new vision out sooner would for sure impact season ticket sales.  

This, I completely agree would drive sales.

Just now, UNTLifer said:

I am answering posts that question me.  Instead of quoting an entire post, I quoted the parts that were pertinent to what was in question.

Look at the post directly above your's that I have quoted.  You state that releasing the uniforms catches the attention of the fan base.  You may need to know the style, color patterns, visual aesthetics, make, drape, etc... but I will watch us whether we have new uniforms or the same ones from last year.  Again, I ask, where is there concrete evidence that new uniforms drives ticket sales?  The majority of our fan base doesn't have any idea new uniforms are coming and will miss any announcement given because they aren't following anything on twitter, on gmg.com, etc...

Of course you will watch them. I will watch them. And everyone on here will watch them if they're just out there in underwear and shoulder pads. My reference was on the basis of spiking recruiting, fans seeing REAL momentum (recruiting) and wanting to buy in. That's all I was saying. You are running in circles with me now I think. 

Connor Howard tweeted about the new unis months ago when we were told they would have new uniforms... 

Without knowing exactly what Connor Howard said:
We're getting new uniforms! I saw a picture of what they'll look like and they're awesome!!
AND
Whoa!  I just got my new uniform and it's awesome!!
...have 2 different meanings.

And I can't believe I'm standing up for Mr. Gooding, but I think when he's talking about ticket sales, he's saying that a uniform announcement would keep UNT/excitement about UNT Football on people's minds... not necessarily that it will directly lead to an increase in ticket sales.  
Face it, it's pretty easy for people (especially younger people) to forget about something if it's not constantly on their Twitter/FB feed.   Watching a video of the players going bonkers during a uniform-unveiling isn't going to sell season tickets, but it could be another log on the fire.  Or, it could possibly be the final straw.  There's a lot of cool stuff coming out of the AD lately.  Watching the players be overly excited about something is contagious.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cerebus said:

Again the plan is going to be released, its not like WB has it hidden and is going to release it on a rainy day as a way to increase how he is viewed on GMG.com...

Again, a strategic plan is nice for us but isn't going to make the random joe or jane alumni that does not care for UNT to come buy tickets, nor is the big issues of no uniform release (yet).. The strategic plan is in the process and will be released, but we can already see that this is not the same admin with the buyout, new contracts, and the IPF..

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Without knowing exactly what Connor Howard said:
We're getting new uniforms! I saw a picture of what they'll look like and they're awesome!!

And I can't believe I'm standing up for Mr. Gooding, but I think when he's talking about ticket sales, he's saying that a uniform announcement would keep UNT/excitement about UNT Football on people's minds... not necessarily that it will directly lead to an increase in ticket sales.  
Face it, it's pretty easy for people (especially younger people) to forget about something if it's not constantly on their Twitter/FB feed.   Watching a video of the players going bonkers during a uniform-unveiling isn't going to sell season tickets, but it could be another log on the fire.  Or, it could possibly be the final straw.  There's a lot of cool stuff coming out of the AD lately.  Watching the players be overly excited about something is contagious.

It was along the lines of the first one, i'm still scrolling through the unt fan recruiting twitter because they retweeted it...

No one would argue that the uniforms and that would have kept up excitement and that it would keep unt football on peoples minds.. Yes this admin has missed chances to do this during the dead of the spring and and summer, I have been saying that they should have been doing things for months as a way to reach out to fans/students/ and alumni... Them doing this so late (Uniform release) has lead to them likely losing some $ as well when it comes to possibly selling new shirt designs as well, but again its likely the uniforms aren't even on campus yet because they are still just now getting in gear. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Again the plan is going to be released, its not like WB has it hidden and is going to release it on a rainy day as a way to increase how he is viewed on GMG.com...

Again, a strategic plan is nice for us but isn't going to make the random joe or jane alumni that does not care for UNT to come buy tickets, nor is the big issues of no uniform release (yet).. The strategic plan is in the process and will be released, but we can already see that this is not the same admin with the buyout, new contracts, and the IPF..

It was along the lines of the first one, i'm still scrolling through the unt fan recruiting twitter because they retweeted it...

No one would argue that the uniforms and that would have kept up excitement and that it would keep unt football on peoples minds.. Yes this admin has missed chances to do this during the dead of the spring and and summer, I have been saying that they should have been doing things for months as a way to reach out to fans/students/ and alumni... Them doing this so late (Uniform release) has lead to them likely losing some $ as well when it comes to possibly selling new shirt designs as well, but again its likely the uniforms aren't even on campus yet because they are still just now getting in gear. 

This is what I'm betting on.    I'm also betting that when they do show up, there'll be a video of the whole team in the big meeting room going crazy with music/smoke/pyrotechnics/Wilson&McClain wearing them up front dancing around getting everyone else jacked up.
...at least, I hope so.