When will we get a new uni announcement?

agubriz23

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If the uniforms are already here, and by "finishing touches" Wren means stitching names on jerseys and such... maybe!

If by "finishing touches", he means Nike is still designing the jersey, then it may still be a while.

We better not be in the design phase otherwise we're not getting new uniforms this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, BTG_Fan1 said:

What if they were and we had a video of NS and them flying on the private plan up to Nike to pick them up right before game day???

Nike, manufacture something in the United States?! LOL!!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

The consternation over the unveiling of clothing is quite amusing.

I mean anything is ridiculous when you break it down to its most simple parts. 

Next time your wife can't decide where she wants to eat, just hit her with that:

All this consternation about acquiring sustenance is quite amusing.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, meangreenthirteen said:

I mean anything is ridiculous when you break it down to its most simple parts. 

Next time your wife can't decide where she wants to eat, just hit her with that:

All this consternation about acquiring sustenance is quite amusing.

About to celebrate 21 years of marriage.  That proves I know better than that!

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

On 8/10/2017 at 10:09 AM, Green Lantern said:

Or because he's completely off topic??? The thread is about uniforms.  If you want to talk Facilities Master Plan and  AD Strategic Plan, why not make a thread dedicated to it?  

I did....apparently no one gave a crap about it 😅

On 8/10/2017 at 9:56 AM, Cerebus said:

I'm not really sure why @Salsa_Verde is getting down voted.  The question is a valid one.  

To reassure SV, there is a plan, I think it is a very good one.  I don't understand why it hasn't been released yet.  

I just hope that those working on it remember that perfect is the enemy of good.  It needs to be out ASAP.  It will be a huge show of "something different, new, and innovative" that so many long time fans need.  

That's my point...I'm just a regular guy asking for info on a path forward. I ask what's going on and I get vilified for it. I want us to be the best and expect the best. Is that too much to ask?! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2017 at 10:11 AM, UNTFan23 said:

I think he's getting down voted because he is criticizing Wren Baker and a promise (???) he made on timelines on having the Strategic and Master Plan out this summer. I don't personally recall a timeline on when this would happen but that doesn't mean Wren actually made that promise.

I always love how fans can somehow hold someone accountable where these fans have absolutely no method to enact any kind of change. Yes, fans can stop donating money and buying ticket/attending games but that hurts the student athletes more than it hurts people like Wren Baker.

Yes I am a fan...but I'm also a son of Denton going to his hometown university and I'm tired of settling. I made a thread and if you google it there was a contract put out for the creation of such a plan 

http://www.texasbids.net/government-agencies/denton/university-of-north-texas752-749814/7284073-unt-denton-athletics-master-plan.html

a bid to a contracter has been put in a while ago. So where is it? Why can't I see it? 

GMG 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Yes I am a fan...but I'm also a son of Denton going to his hometown university and I'm tired of settling. I made a thread and if you google it there was a contract put out for the creation of such a plan 

http://www.texasbids.net/government-agencies/denton/university-of-north-texas752-749814/7284073-unt-denton-athletics-master-plan.html

a bid to a contracter has been put in a while ago. So where is it? Why can't I see it? 

GMG 

UNT is a state institution so they move at the speed of bureaucracy and many times it's never fast enough.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What bothers me isn't how long we're waiting to unveil the new uniforms, but rather we still don't seem to know when the uniforms will be ready. I feel like if they knew we would have gotten an announcement like A&M just put out. 

That said, I'm not losing any sleep over it like some of y'all seem to be.