When will we get a new uni announcement?

agubriz23

Everyone is worried about uniforms (which is still important) but yet the fan base is owed:

1)"Athletic Facility Master Plan that will provide a facility road map for North Texas Athletics for the next 15-20 years."

-Wren Baker 

2)"Our administrative team is in the final stages of developing our athletics strategic plan which will set the long-term direction for our program."

-Wren Baker 

If it's out there please direct me to where it is found and I'll be taking your down votes to the chest 

-GMG 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

39 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Everyone is worried about uniforms (which is still important) but yet the fan base is owed:

1)"Athletic Facility Master Plan that will provide a facility road map for North Texas Athletics for the next 15-20 years."

-Wren Baker 

2)"Our administrative team is in the final stages of developing our athletics strategic plan which will set the long-term direction for our program."

-Wren Baker 

If it's out there please direct me to where it is found and I'll be taking your down votes to the chest 

-GMG 

Perhaps we should lobby for your hiring as AD?  Stuff takes time.  He's doing a great job. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

-Wren Baker 

-Wren Baker 

-GMG 

-Since grandgreen and tmjerm are the first to down vote me I'll say this 

because I quote the AD and ask what's up with the timeline that he himself put forward I'm somehow in the wrong for brining it up?! all I'm asking is for a normal amount of accountability nothing more. 

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

13 hours ago, Withers940 said:

I dont think they can attach man buns to the top of the helmets and scarfs are a choking hazard 

SMU announced that every player will have a neck roll. They just made them pink and shaped them like a popped collar to make the players comfortable.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Salsa_Verde said:

because I quote the AD and ask what's up with the timeline that he himself put forward I'm somehow in the wrong for brining it up?! all I'm asking is for a normal amount of accountability nothing more. 

I do agree I would like to see these things... WB has been here a year and you would think it's enough time thinking big picture..

If we think back to the year, he got here just 2-3 weeks before football season, so he had to fix things with that and along get his staff together (officially), and then he also had to deal with the Athletic Department Review as well. During this time WB also said we would get an IPF and they have expanded it from an IPF to more offices/weight room, etc. He also had to deal with evaluating and giving all these coaches a chance.. We can debate if he should have kept Bedford but again, WB didn't extend him and WB is a basketball guy with basketball guys under him (Mosley). He's reworked SL contract, extended the soccer coach, Bought out and signed GMac. 

Yes, after about spring break the calendar is bare but this is likely when the real work started on the master plan for the entire department and the development of the IPF expansion an the soccer/track. Yes the rollout of the soccer/track was bad because it was already supposed to be started and completed I believe this fall. With the problems of the Soccer stadium it has likely led to WB being even more conservative in terms of releasing information. 

Its not like RV or Hank really left WB a lot of stuff completed, it's like WB came in and had to rework the entire thing. Shifting people around, fixing issues that could be addressed and evaluating.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Stick around. Don't let these beaten dog fans bring down your expectations. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

I'm not really sure why @Salsa_Verde is getting down voted.  The question is a valid one.  

To reassure SV, there is a plan, I think it is a very good one.  I don't understand why it hasn't been released yet.  

I just hope that those working on it remember that perfect is the enemy of good.  It needs to be out ASAP.  It will be a huge show of "something different, new, and innovative" that so many long time fans need.  

2 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I'm not really sure why @Salsa_Verde is getting down voted.  The question is a valid one.  

To reassure SV, there is a plan, I think it is a very good one.  I don't understand why it hasn't been released yet.  

I just hope that those working on it remember that perfect is the enemy of good.  It needs to be out ASAP.  It will be a huge show of "something different, new, and innovative" that so many long time fans need.  

I believe he's being downvoted because he is complaining about being downvoted.   GMG.com tradition.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I believe he's being downvoted because he is complaining about being downvoted.   GMG.com tradition.

He's being down voted because he's questioning things. And around here, that is frowned upon because our 'well run' AD has gotten us to the mountain top of collegiate athletics said no one ever. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8

2 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

He's being down voted because he's questioning things. And around here, that is frowned upon because our 'well run' AD has gotten us to the mountain top of collegiate athletics said no one ever. 

Or because he's completely off topic??? The thread is about uniforms.  If you want to talk Facilities Master Plan and  AD Strategic Plan, why not make a thread dedicated to it?  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I think he's getting down voted because he is criticizing Wren Baker and a promise (???) he made on timelines on having the Strategic and Master Plan out this summer. I don't personally recall a timeline on when this would happen but that doesn't mean Wren actually made that promise.

I always love how fans can somehow hold someone accountable where these fans have absolutely no method to enact any kind of change. Yes, fans can stop donating money and buying ticket/attending games but that hurts the student athletes more than it hurts people like Wren Baker.

• Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

Or because he's completely off topic??? The thread is about uniforms.  If you want to talk Facilities Master Plan and  AD Strategic Plan, why not make a thread dedicated to it?  

His initial post would be dogged on this board if he dedicated a new thread to questioning things. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

Uniforms that have yet to be released while every other school that has new ones is releasing them. Including several in conference.

As per usual, we sit idle as other schools get the jump on us. But we should all be "patient"

Edited by MGNation92
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, golfingomez said:

let's forget about the uniforms for a minute... where can i get a battle flag headband/bandanna???

Cannon Maki has them made. I asked about it on Twitter and he DM'd me saying he's all out but hoping to get more in around September. They're sick AF...

Edited by Tyler Maryak
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Very simple. It's because Ben Gooding agreed with him 😇😇😇

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

True 1st world problems when we are on here complaining that we have not seen new uniforms or the Master plan, yet...

The players have seen the uniforms, and likely recruits.... Is them showing off new uniforms going to make anyone here buy extra tickets, honest question???

The Master plan is something that has been in the works for a while and likely something that WB wants to make sure that it is up to date. Again, we do not need to rush this like the Soccer/Track stadium... Get it right the first time.. Yes it would have been great to do multiple things like a uni release, master plan release, IPF release, etc during the slow times and are chances for the AD Office to show progress and maybe even make extra $... 

But again, it is critical to get the information right the first time, and have it stay the same... Hell make it so the plan is something that can be followed even after WB leave and its not something that has to be re-worked completely like some of the things RV left WB to rework.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Very simple. It's because Ben Gooding agreed with him 😇😇😇

Yup. This fan base does have a bunch of knuckle draggers that fall into the ploys of the AD at the snap of a finger, so no surprise. 

There are all these great and marvelous things going on that no one knows about...While we struggle with recruiting. And Summer going into a season is big time for recruiting. The AD should be doing absolute all things to generate any kind of spark whatsoever. If it's on an orchestrated timeline, great. But the timeline seems dumb. Uniforms for example, we are in the prime days of season ticket selling. Releasing the uniforms catches the attention of the fan base. That attention can carry over to other avenues. But, here, we sit on them for just 'reasons' or as WB put it to build "anticipation." Well, hopefully these don't fall flat like our mega series with, uh, Houston. 

• Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

The players have seen the uniforms, and likely recruits.... Is them showing off new uniforms going to make anyone here buy extra tickets, honest question???

Getting things done in an effective and competent manner might very well enthuse a very bedraggled fan base.  The sooner they get new information out the sooner it gets the taste of the old regimes out of everyone's mouth.

12 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

True 1st world problems when we are on here complaining that we have not seen new uniforms or the Master plan, yet...

The Master plan is something that has been in the works for a while and likely something that WB wants to make sure that it is up to date. Again, we do not need to rush this like the Soccer/Track stadium... Get it right the first time.. Yes it would have been great to do multiple things like a uni release, master plan release, IPF release, etc during the slow times and are chances for the AD Office to show progress and maybe even make extra $... 

But again, it is critical to get the information right the first time, and have it stay the same... Hell make it so the plan is something that can be followed even after WB leave and its not something that has to be re-worked completely like some of the things RV left WB to rework.

1. Maybe. It increases the chances of it happening if revealed now as compared to a week out from kickoff, right? 

2. Old tune. This is starting to turn into BS. 

3. Exactly. You would think they would know this. And if they have the uniforms on hand, it's something. Anything. But they're sitting on them. Reveal unis for special occasions is one thing to sit on. Getting completely new unis needs to be out during this prime recruiting/season ticket selling period. 

4. See 2. Uniforms are what they are. They are not going to be changed this close to kickoff. 

5. I agree. But revealing uniforms at the optimal time has nothing to do with this. Releasing generalized plans for what COULD come and what they're TRYING to do. So, again, see 2. 

Edited by Ben Gooding

2 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Getting things done in an effective and competent manner might very well enthuse a very bedraggled fan base.  The sooner they get new information out the sooner it gets the taste of the old regimes out of everyone's mouth.

I do agree that the sooner the better, but again...  Get this stuff right the first time...

Who knows, but maybe that thing at Noon in 2 and a half weeks is when they will be released?? 

• Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Are you sure about this?