When will we get a new uni announcement?

agubriz23

3 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

New Cleats

Hopefully a new uni to follow

I was just about to post this! I like "It's Christmas" part, and I know Nike usually sends in all their stuff at the same time, so I'm sure with the whole "Christmas" add on it could also refer to more than just the cleats ;) 

"UNT will also soon shift all of its apparel contracts to Nike. Baker said some of the individual teams within the department have their own apparel agreements. Moving all of its programs to Nike is expected to result in a better contract for the athletic department as a whole."

http://www.dentonrc.com/news/news/2017/07/16/incredible-future-baker-vows-good-times-ahead-unt-first-year-school-comes-close

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Brett Vito said:

"UNT will also soon shift all of its apparel contracts to Nike. Baker said some of the individual teams within the department have their own apparel agreements. Moving all of its programs to Nike is expected to result in a better contract for the athletic department as a whole."

http://www.dentonrc.com/news/news/2017/07/16/incredible-future-baker-vows-good-times-ahead-unt-first-year-school-comes-close

I always wondered why Softball only used Russell and Golf used Adidas! I know supposedly its because it would be cheaper for the teams individually

I'm guessing if they don't announce UNIs before the sason, then they will do different ones during the year, like they did the helmets.

Do a blackout uniform for Halloween (believe UTSA did last year).. LOL do an all green uni for when they play Iowa and call it there Pay-Day/Money Bag game unis. 

• Downvote 3

Marshall just showed off their new uni's (slight changes from their previous ones) and their different combos... So I wouldn't be surprised if we get an announcement soon

Edited by agubriz23

Something you might find interesting.  My daughter was taking part in an event today for UNT and was told no UA gear could be worn.  They were all issued Nike clothing.  Sounds like a serious trend.

Has anyone been in the campus bookstore lately and know if they still have UA gear there?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Something you might find interesting.  My daughter was taking part in an event today for UNT and was told no UA gear could be worn.  They were all issued Nike clothing.  Sounds like a serious trend.

Has anyone been in the campus bookstore lately and know if they still have UA gear there?

As Brett posted above, WB is getting all the teams on a contract with Nike... I don't think any of the teams were wearing UA recently but since coming back home for summer I remember that they were still selling UA polos, fitness shirts and shorts... not sure about now! Looking at the Media Day footage you can tell that there is a new nike polo they have on, and I'm sure there's more, I sure do like those polos! So let's just wait and see what's going on... I honestly like this Nike shift, hopefully the Nike gear in the stores get cheaper though *fingers crossed* 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

I was in it last week looking for a specific shirt and can't 100% recall but i do believe that had some other brands but was mostly Nike. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, James329 said:

In fact those are new helmets!!!! I like the darker shade of green, not exactly 100% Kelly but also it's not Forest green either! I'm excited to see if there'll be any helmet decal changes as well 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, agubriz23 said:

In fact those are new helmets!!!! I like the darker shade of green, not exactly 100% Kelly but also it's not Forest green either! I'm excited to see if there'll be any helmet decal changes as well 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but practice helmets have never been the same as the gameday helmets.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but practice helmets have never been the same as the gameday helmets.

Most of the time yes, although at NT I noticed they use the regular game  helmets for practice just without decals and at times even with the decals (based off my knowledge, I could be wrong).... so it's really up in the air! Although those are new helmets, I wouldn't be surprised that the game helmets are also new if it were that case

Edited by agubriz23

2 hours ago, agubriz23 said:

Not a fan of using another shade of green just cause. If it's part of an overall new standard, then maybe, but not just for fun. Also, maybe the light is making the green look different.

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, forevereagle said:

I mean, listen, we're talking about practice helmets, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice helmets.

I get it. Just hope we pick a green and stay there. I also was a fan of the Kelly green.

Please football get here quick!

Edited by cdizzle86
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

how come nobody is mentioning anything about the sewing machine in the background???

also how about that Yellow helmet on the desk.. is that a Wyoming Helmet??

What about the red helmet back there?  Is the Green Brigade returning to the red sashes of the Helwig era and the team is going to match?

• Downvote 2