When will we get a new uni announcement?

agubriz23

So the new UCLA jerseys were accidentally leaked by Under Armor, and this sparked my mind wondering when are we going to get that new uniform announcement. I know there has been talks especially from a recent post that there will be new uniforms for the upcoming season. I'm hoping it's sometime later this month, I know it's a great recruiting tool and as a student and fan I'm really looking forward to seeing what the Mean Green will don next! 

IMG_5751.PNG

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, agubriz23 said:

So the new UCLA jerseys were accidentally leaked by Under Armor, and this sparked my mind wondering when are we going to get that new uniform announcement. I know there has been talks especially from a recent post that there will be new uniforms for the upcoming season. I'm hoping it's sometime later this month, I know it's a great recruiting tool and as a student and fan I'm really looking forward to seeing what the Mean Green will don next! 

IMG_5751.PNG

When the AD is good and ready. As always, we're slow to roll everything out. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see them until the first game. If Wren and Seth were smart they would make a production of it like this:

Show the team getting hyped. Make it a big deal.

My guess is none of this will happen. Unfortunate, but about par for the course

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

Honestly they should be announcing that stuff now... With it being a dead period, and the calm before the fall practices.

They should do a dinner or something to raise some $, something like 15-20 (maybe even more) per plate and have something like the defensive staff come in and talk to people that wanna hear from them, and show off the new uniforms. 

Then do another dinner and have the offensive coaches and announce the IPF design and plan as well leading into Fall Camp. 

A good way to rise some extra $ for the program, and another way to get people interacting with the staff. Also, having people come in and see the designs and growth of UNT sports could lead to some extra donations as well.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

When the AD is good and ready. As always, we're slow to roll everything out. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see them until the first game. If Wren and Seth were smart they would make a production of it like this:

They didn't seem to excited until they got encouraged by the moving manicans. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Honestly they should be announcing that stuff now... With it being a dead period, and the calm before the fall practices.

They should do a dinner or something to raise some $, something like 15-20 (maybe even more) per plate and have something like the defensive staff come in and talk to people that wanna hear from them, and show off the new uniforms. 

Then do another dinner and have the offensive coaches and announce the IPF design and plan as well leading into Fall Camp. 

A good way to rise some extra $ for the program, and another way to get people interacting with the staff. Also, having people come in and see the designs and growth of UNT sports could lead to some extra donations as well.  

I still miss the old "Kickoff Cookout" and the Under Armour uniform unveiling at the 2007 event was perfect

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

That must've looked like a better idea on paper.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Any particular reason as to why you think this?

I'd be willing to bet we don't see these Uniforms until the game they reveal them.   Which will be first two games and maybe a conference game they think will get guys feeling good, UTSA type game.  That's my uninformed guess 

On 7/14/2017 at 2:20 PM, UNTLifer said:

Yep, tomorrow never comes.

The other reason I post "tomorrow" is that when it is unveiled I can always say, "See, I told you yesterday it would be tomorrow."  My kids hate me.

• Upvote 2