What Will Be Built

That was the parking lot for the old hotel that never got torn up...

Huge eye-soar for UNT, and needs to be fixed... honestly would be a good place for an alumni wall or center have people pay X bucks to get a name on a brick or even a concert pavilion for the pregame...  anything to get bodies by the stadium

Edited by BTG_Fan1
  • Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Not gonna lie, it's an eyesore that everyone sees when they enter Apogee. We should put SOMETHING there. Whether that should be a building, such as a visitor information building or just some scenery like flowers is up for discussion.

I'd turn it into the PARTY Pavillion for current UNT students who are of legal drinking age.  Throw a pool or lazy river in, make it a damn attraction!! Let's go!! Lol

• Upvote 5

28 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

I'd turn it into the PARTY Pavillion for current UNT students who are of legal drinking age.  Throw a pool or lazy river in, make it a damn attraction!! Let's go!! Lol

Sounds like what Arkansas State is kinda doing at there stadium with our buyout money

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Sounds like what Arkansas State is kinda doing at there stadium with our buyout money

They will regret the waterfalls when their fans are lined up ready to use "them new fangled outdoor bathrooms!"

Back on topic.  I had two ideas for the "slab."

1.  Great place to put food trucks during pregame.

2.  Build a stage facing the tailgate area and have pre and post game entertainment.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

They will regret the waterfalls when their fans are lined up ready to use "them new fangled outdoor bathrooms!"

Back on topic.  I had two ideas for the "slab."

1.  Great place to put food trucks during pregame.

2.  Build a stage facing the tailgate area and have pre and post game entertainment.

3. a 20 ft statue of Scrappy - as fans come across the bridge, they can rub Scrappy for Good Luck as they enter the "Mean Green Village"  I get credit for this idea....

• Upvote 3

There's speculation that a basketball arena could fit where the old hotel once sat. We're a long ways off from building a new basketball arena though as there are greater needs to be addressed first.

Do we own it?  I know that sounds weird, but I've seen some strange property deeds, the way land is parceled out or restricted.

If it's none of those things, and we own it, why not put up a little monument park showing some of our football history?  Statues or busts or markers for guys like Joe Greene, Abner Haynes, Carl Lockhart, J.T. Smith, Cedric Hardeman, Brian Waters, Ray Renfro, Bill Bishop...

...dare I even say it...

...ODUS MITCHELL?

• Upvote 2

I like the Food Truck idea.  It woudn't need much permanent structure, just some cleanup and maybe some utilities work.  The food trucks would hopefully get walkup from both visitors and non-season ticket MG fans coming across the bridge.  One possible complaint might be from in-stadium vendors.

10 hours ago, UNTFan23 said:

There's speculation that a basketball arena could fit where the old hotel once sat. We're a long ways off from building a new basketball arena though as there are greater needs to be addressed first.

Are we? Bet 2-3 years we get one