DRC: Lake Ridge QB Jason Bean commits to UNT

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

His  high school coaches quote says everything we all thought about relationships with High School coaches that we have been missing 

"I have talked to the staff more than I have the the staffs that were there the last 13 years. They are a high energy group."

Shows how outdated the previous staffs were and some of the  obstacles that this staff has had to overcome.

36 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Don't tell young Ben that this great get has multi offers....his head will explode!!!!

Looks like some of them expired.. LAT and possibly SMU, haven't looked at CSU yet.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Don't tell young Ben that this great get has multi offers....his head will explode!!!!

Don't.

On 6/27/2017 at 1:39 PM, BillySee58 said:

Don't post about the staff's inability to get kids with good offer lists, don't post long messages about what advantages/disadvantages we have/have to overcome, don't say anything along the lines of "I thought this staff couldn't recruit" which may egg on the other side of the argument and start a back and forth, etc.

Everyone is tired of it. Those posts will get deleted if the recruit's name is in the thread. Create a separate thread if you must, or better yet, post in one of those threads that already exist. 

Stay on topic. And if a thread is about a recruit, he is the topic.

1 hour ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

1/7. 14.2% 

One of the stipulations to not doing this was to keep snarky comments to yourself, yeah? 

Needless to say, this is a good pickup. Welcome! 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

16 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Not to blast anyone, but that offer expired once LAT got their QB Allen (I believe his last name was)

On the positive side, I choose to think he was always going to commit to the Mean Green so it doesn't matter what happened at the other schools!!

• Upvote 6

25 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Not to blast anyone, but that offer expired once LAT got their QB Allen (I believe his last name was)

9 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Any other FBS offers on the table or was NT the lone ranger, again?

This is not an issue IMO, dude had offers from other FBS schools where they wanted him as their QB.  There is so much that goes into recruiting, alot of times schools that are smaller don't want to wait around for a QB so they offer out to 5-9 of them and if they get a kid who wants to commit that they like they'll take it rather than sitting around waiting and getting burned.  I have no problem with this pick up regardless of any offers being valid or not. 

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Got5onIt said:

Any other FBS offers on the table or was NT the lone ranger, again?

It doesn't matter if the offers were still valid or not. Schools offer 5 quarterbacks that they like. If they only want to sign one,  they take the first verbal commitment and string along the rest. It doesn't mean they didn't want the quarterbacks. He had legit offers from good schools. And, if he still wanted those other offers, I promise they would make room for him.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Looks like we are loading up at QB for the next go around....  That should be an interesting position in the near future......

Hopefully this year.

17 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

now do we roll with 2 kids at QB in the next class? because if so we are at 6 of 20 kids, but if one of them is a BS then we have another open scholarship. 

You have to keep on recruiting QBs because so many of those guy will leave the program instead of sitting behind a starter for a year or two.

I'm a proponent of always signing two or more QBs and DTs in every class. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Also of note, we have 2 QBs now committed to UTSA's 0.

Not sure why you egg them on in this category. They've been crushing us in recruiting since wilson got there. I'm all for picking winnable fights, not sure this is one lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

We already knew that from yesterday.  Posted it in another thread.  He and Allen were offered within days of each other.  I wondered about that and Colorado State because yesterday morning, no one was listing La Tech or Colorado State as offers.

But, to me, it doesn't matter.  The point is, pulled offer or not, at one time or another, two coaches with very good track records of competing at the G5 level thought he was good enough.

To me, this is a different situation than Raveon Hoston having offers pulled by bigger programs.  Hoston was simply not getting the work done in the classroom; had already been to a JUCO, and that trend wasn't changing with him. 

Here, you've got a prep kid with his grades in order and excellent coaches on his trail.  Allen chose La Tech and that offer went away.  No big deal. 

The point is, Skip Holtz would have taken him or Allen.  You can't argue with what Holtz has done at the G5 level.  Ditto, Colorado State.  If they've got some inkling that another QB is going to commit to them and pulled his offer as a result, it doesn't take away from the fact that they still offered him. 

Colorado State's Mike Bobo is a great coach, and a former QB at a top program, Georgia.  The guy played and coached QBs in the SEC.  If he offers a kid a scholarship before he's played a down his senior year, that says something. 

• Upvote 5