New FAU Helmet

Harry

1 hour ago, Green Crazy said:

i thought that uf had done this as well, but all i could find is the fsu throwback to 1965.

Image result for state of florida on a football helmet

I thought the same thing.  The above definitely looks like it "inspired" the FAU helmets.

FWIW, I like the new FAU helmet better than the owl logo.  Impossible to tell what that was from a distance.  However, they are both degrees of "bad".  One is less bad.

1 hour ago, Green Crazy said:

i thought that uf had done this as well, but all i could find is the fsu throwback to 1965.

Image result for state of florida on a football helmet

UF has never had the state outline on their helmet. They have had it intertwined into one of their throwback logos, but never on the helmet. They started with the traditional F that is still occasionally worn. Moved to an interlocked UF then shortly went to the cursive Gators. 

Image result for UF logos on helmets of all time

9 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

UF has never had the state outline on their helmet. They have had it intertwined into one of their throwback logos, but never on the helmet. They started with the traditional F that is still occasionally worn. Moved to an interlocked UF then shortly went to the cursive Gators. 

Image result for UF logos on helmets of all time

Looks like the Florida Dinosaurs.

• Upvote 1