New UNT Uniforms?

MGNation92

8 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

It's been used before and a lot of schools use unofficial logos on their helmets. The flying worm isn't a current UNT logo, but it was still used on the throwback unis. 

I doubt we'll see an interlocking NT on the new helmets, but it's certainly possible one day.

The worm is a UNT property, NT interlocked is not.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I do like the interlocking NT, but they could use the N and T in the font that is used on "NORTH TEXAS" in the end zones.

Just stair step the NT

he did come from NC so....they have NC interlocked on their helmets.

Edited by NT91
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Aldo said:

And while I know you're mostly kidding, I also want to toss in the Tartan on the uniform idea.

Would love to see the tartan incorporated similar to UNC's argyle strip on their helmet and on their jersey collar and sleeves

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

True, but that's not the reason that it's never been used.  URCM doesn't endorse using "NT" under any circumstances. To them, it runs counter to their current branding priorities.  It's not that the Alumni Association is holding the interlocked NT logo and unwilling to partner and share.  Heck, URCM threw a fit about using the Flying Worm for the throwbacks a couple of years back fearing that it would overshadow and be more popular than the current branding.  It's why all of the t-shirts and hats with the Worm on them that were produced during that time had the worm logo appearing on a helmet, not as a stand alone logo.  Huge missed opportunity to sell quality throwback merchandise to fans that wanted to purchase it.  Another example of the University's marketing team's vision being ridiculously small in scope and petty.

Well hopefully regardless of what logos are used, the University and AD put out higher quality Uniforms and Apparel than what we've had for a while now. It seems they are going all in on the SOW and I'm okay with that as it's modern and sharp.

Hopefully the AD recognizes thew importance and incorporate throwback uni's and apparel at least once or twice a season going forward

1 hour ago, Green Lantern said:

True, but that's not the reason that it's never been used.  URCM doesn't endorse using "NT" under any circumstances. To them, it runs counter to their current branding priorities.  It's not that the Alumni Association is holding the interlocked NT logo and unwilling to partner and share.  Heck, URCM threw a fit about using the Flying Worm for the throwbacks a couple of years back fearing that it would overshadow and be more popular than the current branding.  It's why all of the t-shirts and hats with the Worm on them that were produced during that time had the worm logo appearing on a helmet, not as a stand alone logo.  Huge missed opportunity to sell quality throwback merchandise to fans that wanted to purchase it.  Another example of the University's marketing team's vision being ridiculously small in scope and petty.

The athletic department should have its own marketing department.  The URCM screws up more often than not.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

18 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

The athletic department should have its own marketing department.  The URCM screws up more often than not.

Completely disagree with that. We've basically had that where the AD markets one type of branding (North Texas) and the school another (UNT). I think it was even mentioned in the consultant report. The school needs to get its act together and all push in the same direction.

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, James329 said:

Possible uniform leak, or just a wishful design by our graphics people?

Nah they just photoshopped the color scheme of a photo of him. Pretty standard stuff.

Maybe one of these days. People were knocking that FAU helmet. At least they're doing something. We still have the same terrible uniforms. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

4 hours ago, James329 said:

Possible uniform leak, or just a wishful design by our graphics people?

Flywire and full eagle in chrome helmet? It's possible. I don't see why you would photoshop a helmet you don't currently have unless it's in the wings (no pun intended). 

On 6/19/2017 at 0:00 PM, Ben Gooding said:

If they have them, they need to release them. Anything to boost recruiting. 

100% agree. I don't know why you would hold on to them right now (if we do have some and I'm assuming we do) when you are getting your teeth kicked in recruiting. 

1 hour ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Flywire and full eagle in chrome helmet? It's possible. I don't see why you would photoshop a helmet you don't currently have unless it's in the wings (no pun intended). 

100% agree. I don't know why you would hold on to them right now (if we do have some and I'm assuming we do) when you are getting your teeth kicked in recruiting. 

Tell me that third picture isn't the exact same except in all red