Men's OOC schedule

On 7/19/2017 at 6:37 AM, oldguystudent said:

I seem to be the only person alive who feels like going to a game at UT Arlington is akin to watching a game at Disneyland's Toontown. 

I suppose my opinion is just flat out wrong, but man I just don't get the place.

I think that it's just the conception that it is such a vast improvement from when they were playing on the stage.  Dark vs. daylight.  Fouts vs. Apogee.

On 7/4/2017 at 10:10 AM, OM14 said:

Glad you are excited about something.  Ironic that you were bitching about basketball a little while ago.

I'm going to complain about UNT athletics until I feel they are relevant again.  You guys are freaking delusional if you think I'm the only one that has a problem with the current state of the athletic program (my tuition & fees funds the athletic program so I want a better return on investment).  We got big ass athletic facilities, a big UNT community, and can't even come close to selling it out and the games are pretty unmemorable compared to games at UT, Tech, A&M, and TCU.  There are schools 1/4 our size that draw better crowds and atmosphere ... Prairie View and Grambling (two FCS schools with each having less than 10K students) drew over 50,000 at the Cotton Bowl Stadium each year.  Last year we had 39,000 for a game against Army there.

This is Texas, I expect to be among the best when it comes to athletic support and achievement but UNT is far from it.  I see my original post delete ... I see constructive criticism and the truth isn't welcomed here smh

Nope. It sure isn't. And it's a damn shame. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 6

On 8/9/2017 at 3:53 PM, Salsa_Verde said:

I had to google what UTRGV was. I guess there is another UT tribute school in Texas.  

Got my BBA there. When I first enrolled, it was called Pan American College. Like us, it has gone through several name changes. I hated to see it lose its "Pan American" identity...politics, as usual.

On 8/11/2017 at 3:38 PM, EagleMBA said:

Got my BBA there. When I first enrolled, it was called Pan American College. Like us, it has gone through several name changes. I hated to see it lose its "Pan American" identity...politics, as usual.

When my father went there in the 30's it was Edinburg Junior College and was actually a part of the Edinburg public school system. It's changed A LOT through the years. 

• Lovely Take 1

3 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

When my father went there in the 30's it was Edinburg Junior College and was actually a part of the Edinburg public school system. It's changed A LOT through the years. 

I lived in Southwick Hall my freshman year, several doors down from "Big Jack". He was a nice guy and did better for himself than I did for myself. :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucious_Jackson

Having been born and raised in Indiana, experiencing good basketball at PAC, and having seen a little good basketball at UNT from time to time, you can understand why my attendance at Benford-coached games was about three. Looking forward to a refreshing do-over with Coach McCasland and attending games again.

Edited by EagleMBA

27 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

I lived in Southwick Hall my freshman year, several doors down from "Big Jack". He was a nice guy and did better for himself than I did for myself. :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucious_Jackson

Having been born and raised in Indiana, experiencing good basketball at PAC, and having seen a little good basketball at UNT from time to time, you can understand why my attendance at Benford-coached games was about three. Looking forward to a refreshing do-over with Coach McCasland and attending games again.

While in high school, I went to several games at the Pan Am Fieldhouse to watch Abe Lemons coach the Broncos. After seeing the 2,500 seat Fieldhouse, I was amazed to watch games in the SuperPit. And I remember watching Lemons come to Denton as the Longhorns coach. Great game with two amazing coaches. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/19/2017 at 7:37 AM, oldguystudent said:

I seem to be the only person alive who feels like going to a game at UT Arlington is akin to watching a game at Disneyland's Toontown. 

I suppose my opinion is just flat out wrong, but man I just don't get the place.

Nope...count me...I am with you on this. 👍

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On 7/19/2017 at 6:37 AM, oldguystudent said:

I agree, I just wonder if all those hoping for the demise of the SPit; realize what may replace it.  I think both SMU and TCU went the right way renovating their facility instead of going into the "McDonald's like arenas" that are now the rage.  Bright colors, a lot of plastic, and a total lack of character are not what I want.  

As far as UTA, they had to do something: I actually liked going to games at the stage, but it was dangerous for the players.  

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2017 at 1:44 PM, TreeFiddy said:

Really tough trying to pick the marquee OOC home game.  Hard to choose just one.

After last year i will happy if we beat them all.  I renewed by season ticket this year and will go to all home games.  It is sad how great of a seat I got this year.  mid court 7 rows up.  I am holding on to it until tickets are hard to come by or until I die which ever comes first.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 6/26/2017 at 11:49 AM, UTAmaverick said:

UTA releases their OOC schedule today. Assuming the series is still on, it would be UTA's turn to host at College Park Center this year. With all of UNT's big transfers coming in and UTA's losing some of its best players due to graduation, could be a very good game.

It won't be much of a game at all. UTA has Hervey and Neal, and they just got a 7-foot graduate transfer shot blocker from Virginia Tech.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1