UNT 2017 QB Recruiting update

Lol he won't tell.  Also, when I read another thread he made about guys we offered who are liking UNT Martin made the list of two QBs but I believe we hadn't offered Tune at that time. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Lol he won't tell.  Also, when I read another thread he made about guys we offered who are liking UNT Martin made the list of two QBs but I believe we hadn't offered Tune at that time. 

It's always worth a try haha. I personally like Martin's tape better than I like Tune's but I would be happy with either. I think either would be a better than average QB for us.

1 hour ago, AustinFromUNT said:

I'm holding out just a little hope for Amie because maybe Tyreke is in his ear. Here's what I think the chances are from most to least likely:

1: Kason Martin

2: Clayton Tune

3: Chance Amie

I'm just waiting on @TheReal_jayD to tell us if he is top 5 or top 10 🤔

Top 25!!  😂😂😂😂 

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Just saying if it is Martin, I hope we bring his RB and his WRs Kameron Scott and Jalen Preston

Well considering they both have multiple FBS offers it ain't happening. Now if they had multiple FCS offers only we'd have a chance.

Martin will be our best shot as our QB commit. Tune has too many offers 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

2 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Your better than this

You're right. And our coaching staff should be recruiting better than this. I will happily eat a never ending buffet of crow if we sign a class full of kids with little to no offers that go on to win multiple bowl games and conference titles.

I have nothing against the kids at all. I do however have something against the staff or admins not battling for recruits like we can and should be.

whether it be Martin, Tune or anyone else I will welcome them with open arms and hope for the best. I, however, will not be pleased to continually see our asses kicked by over half the conference in recruiting. Sure, we're second in the conference right now, but Gage has one foot out the door. Like you said, we have 6 months. We're currently in second. Let's keep it that way.

if Lane Kiffin, Butch Davis, and Frank Wilson can do it, why can't Seth Littrell?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

@MGNation92

Butch Davis had to vacate all wins from 2008 and 2009 seasons for players taking gifts and academic misconduct. The thing blew up so much that he was terminated. There are other examples but those are the most well know with him. Ask Seth I'm sure Davis's disaster is still chatted about at UNC.

I'm sure you can guess about Kiffin and Wilson.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, xyresic said:

@MGNation92

Butch Davis had to vacate all wins from 2008 and 2009 seasons for players taking gifts and academic misconduct. The thing blew up so much that he was terminated. There are other examples but those are the most well know with him. Ask Seth I'm sure Davis's disaster is still chatted about at UNC.

I'm sure you can guess about Kiffin and Wilson.

So does that mean we are just supposed to skate by at 5-7 or 6-6 every season for a few years until they all get busted for recruiting violations? Good recruiting turns you into a winner. Winning garners more attention from recruits. If we don't start doing one or both of those we will continually be at the bottom of the barrel regardless of who the coach or AD Is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Well considering they both have multiple FBS offers it ain't happening. Now if they had multiple FCS offers only we'd have a chance.

Martin will be our best shot as our QB commit. Tune has too many offers 

Here is a serious question for you @MGNation92. There are only two answers so please don't give the typical 90 response of "we should be out-recruiting UT" and crap.  Would you rather A: we find a qb under the radar and he stays that way and signs with us with no/few other offers or B: we find a qb under the radar with few/no offers, offer him leading to greater awareness and he flips from us to Baylor or UH after they offer? It seems you'd prefer the latter because of tre expanded offer list. Or should we just throw our hat in ring for guys that have many P5 offers just to say we are recruiting the right guys and it's just hard going head to head against the P5s. I like option A but I'd like your take since you know how easy it is to recruit to UNT and has been for so many years.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

So does that mean we are just supposed to skate by at 5-7 or 6-6 every season for a few years until they all get busted for recruiting violations? Good recruiting turns you into a winner. Winning garners more attention from recruits. If we don't start doing one or both of those we will continually be at the bottom of the barrel regardless of who the coach or AD Is.

I think of it as an incremental process. Start 1-11 do some recruiting go 5-8

do some recruiting go 6-6

slightly better recruiting 7-5

slightly better recruiting 8-4

slightly better recruiting 9+ wins

If you find someone who can take a 1-11 team (that gets blown out by the largest margin to an FCS team) that is well below scholarship cap with years of terrible recruiting and turn them into a 9+ win team in 3 or fewer seasons then I suggest you take up as a job as an AD because with a turnaround like that I think you could make some serious money.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Here is a serious question for you @MGNation92. There are only two answers so please don't give the typical 90 response of "we should be out-recruiting UT" and crap.  Would you rather A: we find a qb under the radar and he stays that way and signs with us with no/few other offers or B: we find a qb under the radar with few/no offers, offer him leading to greater awareness and he flips from us to Baylor or UH after they offer? It seems you'd prefer the latter because of tre expanded offer list. Or should we just throw our hat in ring for guys that have many P5 offers just to say we are recruiting the right guys and it's just hard going head to head against the P5s. I like option A but I'd like your take since you know how easy it is to recruit to UNT and has been for so many years.

I never said we had to out-recruit P5 schools to get ahead.  We should be out-recruiting our conference mates. If the QB in question had a UNT, LaTech, Troy, App State, McNeese St, and ULM offer or something similar, you're damn skippy I think it'd be better to get that kid than the one that had an ULM and Chadron St offer. And for the record I like the Pearson signing and it looks like it will(hopefully) pay off huge dividends. 

Im just saying because of the scholarship situation we're already strapped for spots in the next class. We need to maximize those spots with as many quality players as possible. If we had a full 25 I'd be a lot more comfortable taking a few more chances but we don't have that luxury

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

I never said we had to out-recruit P5 schools to get ahead.  We should be out-recruiting our conference mates. If the QB in question had a UNT, LaTech, Troy, App State, McNeese St, and ULM offer or something similar, you're damn skippy I think it'd be better to get that kid than the one that had an ULM and Chadron St offer. And for the record I like the Pearson signing and it looks like it will(hopefully) pay off huge dividends. 

Im just saying because of the scholarship situation we're already strapped for spots in the next class. We need to maximize those spots with as many quality players as possible. If we had a full 25 I'd be a lot more comfortable taking a few more chances but we don't have that luxury

Fair enough. Just keep in mind that LaTech was the west division champ this past year, has 3 straight 9-win seasons and 3 straight bowl wins. They aren't exactly the dregs of the conference. The other schools you listed I agree should not beat us for a recruit.

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

You checked out where we sit currently?? Number 2 in cusa... go grab a cold one and take a hot shower... sweet baby Jesus. Did 90 hack your acct??

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

You checked out where we sit currently?? Number 2 in cusa... go grab a cold one and take a hot shower... sweet baby Jesus. Did 90 hack your acct??

You're right. My bad. I'll go back to the regularly scheduled programming. Just been on a pissed off kick lately. 

I'm just ready for football to start. Baseball is so boring

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Not to add to this, but it's difficult for us to compete with the likes of LAT because of the success that they have had, and Troy was a top 25 team this year. The others we should be beating out but I'm guessing those schools are getting kids out of their states or those kids don't fit our system.

• Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

You're right. My bad. I'll go back to the regularly scheduled programming. Just been on a pissed off kick lately. 

So now you're against UNT baseball also 😇

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

90 days till kickoff easy $ 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

You're right. And our coaching staff should be recruiting better than this. I will happily eat a never ending buffet of crow if we sign a class full of kids with little to no offers that go on to win multiple bowl games and conference titles.

I have nothing against the kids at all. I do however have something against the staff or admins not battling for recruits like we can and should be.

whether it be Martin, Tune or anyone else I will welcome them with open arms and hope for the best. I, however, will not be pleased to continually see our asses kicked by over half the conference in recruiting. Sure, we're second in the conference right now, but Gage has one foot out the door. Like you said, we have 6 months. We're currently in second. Let's keep it that way.

if Lane Kiffin, Butch Davis, and Frank Wilson can do it, why can't Seth Littrell?

Have you looked at the kids we have offered at QB and the other offers they currently list?  Can't do anything until they commit.

30 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

Today Tune tweeted "rock chalk" so I would assume there is now no chance of a flip. Fennegan rated as a high 2 star on 247 now and Martin not yet rated. This should be interesting.

Martin I think should be ranked at the same level as Brin

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Still a big Brin fan. 

I like Brin as well, but to me Martin seems to have something that Brin doesn't and I have no idea what it is from tape. 

Brin has a solid offer list, so people won't be mad if its him. Martin people will wonder since we are Martins only D1 offer, which I find it shocking that Martin doesn't have more offers. The only question about Martin is do people think he is benefiting more because of his weapons with him having an SEC RB and P5 WRs?